We stayed here with family and small children on a long holiday weekend. Instead of booking multiple rooms at another venue, we stayed in the apartment (at a higher price, but well worth it). The apartment had 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchenette, and very large living and dining room with additional pull-out beds. Very clean and spacious with traditional furnishings and original artwork. The room was streetside with an obscured view of the dome of the duomo. Some noise from early morning street cleaning and garbage crews, otherwise quiet. Despite the holiday weekend and typical throngs of tourists in the city, the hotel was not over-crowed and maintained its charm and character.
We arrived by car and used the valet parking service offered by a partner garage. It was convenient and hassle-free for 3 1/2 days at 90Euro. As mentioned many times, the staff is very helpful, friendly, and English speaking as well. As a small hotel, there is usually only one person on duty, thus a little patience is required if other guests are checking in/out or monopolizing the helpful services of the desk. We were provided helpful dinner recommendations and also reserved our Accademia and Uffizi visits (when we made the hotel reservation) to avoid longer lines. They also helped book a Tuscan bus tour, but I recommend booking tours in advance as we were lucky to find an available group at the last minute.
The great location is easy walking to most everything. It is roughly 1 block from Accademia and San Lorenzo Church/Medici Chapel and outdoor market, not quite 2 blocks from the Duomo & Baptistry, 3 from the Palazzio Vecchio & Uffizi and 4 from Ponte Vecchio. My children also appreciated the adjacent McDonald's. The train station is about a 10 minute walk (with a good map) and is the departure point for most bus tours.
Breakfast was included and quite nice. Typical pastries, cakes, breads, salami, prosciutto, cheeses, fruits, and yogurt. Terrific bruschetta and mozzerella was a nice bonus (I can still taste the super sweet tomatoes). Coffee, cappuccino, hot chocolate, etc. are made to order.
We will definitely stay here again and also recommend to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is right in the city center, between Piazza Duomo and Piazza San Marco , few steps away from Accademia (the museum where you can see the famous DAVID by Michelangelo). It's housed in two late 15th century building next each other. All rooms are different in size and position - executive rooms have a standard size - superior rooms are larger - de luxe and junior suite are very large with a sitting area. We have rooms overlooking the courtyard, gardens and several rooms overlooking Via Cavour which is the main street but 70% pedestrian and so it's not too noisy. All rooms have triple glasses and double windows. WI/FI available in all the rooms and the drawing rooms and it's free of charge if you have your own laptop or i-phone or i-pad. Bistrot restaurant next door "IL DESCO" open every day (12 till 10,30 pm but on Sunday it closes at 3,00 pm) with good menu' all day long (many organic products directly by the owner's farm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Il Guelfo Bianco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il Guelfo Bianco Florence
- Il Guelfo Bianco Hotel Florence