We just came back from our trip to Florence and we stayed at this hotel. We had gotten a very good deal on the room, so check the hotel website because they sometimes have special offers (especially during the low seasons).
The hotel is housed in a 15th century palazzo and it contains a very interesting art collection. Our room was very comfortable and the Sky channels and free wi-fi were nice. The hotel was refurbished and decorated to a very high level.
The breakfast was varied, fresh and tasty. No complaints there.
My only gripe is that there was some street noise, though this was to be expected as Via Cavour is quite busy.
Would definitely return if I'm ever in Florence again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is right in the city center, between Piazza Duomo and Piazza San Marco , few steps away from Accademia (the museum where you can see the famous DAVID by Michelangelo). It's housed in two late 15th century building next each other. All rooms are different in size and position - executive rooms have a standard size - superior rooms are larger - de luxe and junior suite are very large with a sitting area. We have rooms overlooking the courtyard, gardens and several rooms overlooking Via Cavour which is the main street but 70% pedestrian and so it's not too noisy. All rooms have triple glasses and double windows. WI/FI available in all the rooms and the drawing rooms and it's free of charge if you have your own laptop or i-phone or i-pad. Bistrot restaurant next door "IL DESCO" open every day (12 till 10,30 pm but on Sunday it closes at 3,00 pm) with good menu' all day long (many organic products directly by the owner's farm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Il Guelfo Bianco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il Guelfo Bianco Florence
- Il Guelfo Bianco Hotel Florence