We returned from a lovely 4-day holiday in Florence a few weeks ago, and we chose this hotel on tripadvisor's suggestion.
We did not regret it one bit. The room was comfortable, and complete with well-placed amenities. Everywhere was perfectly clean, including the floors, bathrooms, linen and breakfast eatery.
One little thing we regretted is not asking for a room not overlooking the street. It should be pointed out that except for the rare moments in which a police car or an ambulance drove by blaring its siren, our sleep was very peaceful. That said, I am pretty confident that the proprietors went out of their way to insulate the rooms much as possible. Again, I insist, that this little factor in no way affected our holiday and we did not ask for another room, because the noise was simply not too bad, however no review is a good review unless it's completely honest.
The breakfast was very hearty, and the coffee was excellent. I was also keen on the impressive art collection throughout the hotel, and in the room itself. We have seen elsewhere on various guidebooks that the hotel was recommended to art connoisseurs or for those who are simply looking for something different to the usual soul-less hotels riddling every large city.
I believe that the photo attached to the review says it all. Will surely return for a third visit in Florence, and a second stay in this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is right in the city center, between Piazza Duomo and Piazza San Marco , few steps away from Accademia (the museum where you can see the famous DAVID by Michelangelo). It's housed in two late 15th century building next each other. All rooms are different in size and position - executive rooms have a standard size - superior rooms are larger - de luxe and junior suite are very large with a sitting area. We have rooms overlooking the courtyard, gardens and several rooms overlooking Via Cavour which is the main street but 70% pedestrian and so it's not too noisy. All rooms have triple glasses and double windows. WI/FI available in all the rooms and the drawing rooms and it's free of charge if you have your own laptop or i-phone or i-pad. Bistrot restaurant next door "IL DESCO" open every day (12 till 10,30 pm but on Sunday it closes at 3,00 pm) with good menu' all day long (many organic products directly by the owner's farm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Il Guelfo Bianco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il Guelfo Bianco Florence
- Il Guelfo Bianco Hotel Florence