This hotel was extremely helpful before our trip. They booked virtually every excursion/activity for us quickly and without any hassle. The room was nice and comfortable. It was a nice place to stay at a good price. It is centrally located and a quick walk to virtually everything. The hotel made some excellent recommendations (and reservations) for us for dinner. Breakfast was okay - pretty much a continental breakfast. They do let you order it in the room for only $5. That was a plus. The safe in the room was a little inconvenient as it makes you wait 11 minutes to lock it and another 11 minutes to open it. As you can imagine, this could be a little frustrating when on a tight schedule. The hotel booked a half-day Pisa tour for us through CAF Tours which was exceptionally run. Perfect amount of everything. Gave just enough tour time and just enough alone time. Bus ride through Tuscany beautiful and a great reprieve from walking. There is a bike tour offered by the hotel which we did. Fillipo was our guide and he was so sweet and knowledgeable about Florence. We just wish we did this earlier on into our stay as it was more of an introductory tour and we had seen most of the sites already at that point. However, it was pleasant and enjoyable. Fillipo took us to his favorite gelato shop on the other side of the Arno river where I had the best pistachio gelato of my life.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is right in the city center, between Piazza Duomo and Piazza San Marco , few steps away from Accademia (the museum where you can see the famous DAVID by Michelangelo). It's housed in two late 15th century building next each other. All rooms are different in size and position - executive rooms have a standard size - superior rooms are larger - de luxe and junior suite are very large with a sitting area. We have rooms overlooking the courtyard, gardens and several rooms overlooking Via Cavour which is the main street but 70% pedestrian and so it's not too noisy. All rooms have triple glasses and double windows. WI/FI available in all the rooms and the drawing rooms and it's free of charge if you have your own laptop or i-phone or i-pad. Bistrot restaurant next door "IL DESCO" open every day (12 till 10,30 pm but on Sunday it closes at 3,00 pm) with good menu' all day long (many organic products directly by the owner's farm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Il Guelfo Bianco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il Guelfo Bianco Florence
- Il Guelfo Bianco Hotel Florence