The hotel is a previous palace with lots of stairs and beautiful rooms. We had to go up some stairs with our luggage but the front desk staff member came and helped us with our luggage.
Our rooms (were the superior rooms) were huge and the bathrooms were as well. The staff could not of been more helpful and as we had 1 of our party who had a Gluten intolerance we emailed the hotel ahead of time and they had gluten free breads and pastries available for the next day. The cafe attached to the hotel also had gluten free options and the staff there was wonderful as well.
Also the hotel is literally 4 blocks from Place Duomo and 10-15 minute walk to Uffizzi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is right in the city center, between Piazza Duomo and Piazza San Marco , few steps away from Accademia (the museum where you can see the famous DAVID by Michelangelo). It's housed in two late 15th century building next each other. All rooms are different in size and position - executive rooms have a standard size - superior rooms are larger - de luxe and junior suite are very large with a sitting area. We have rooms overlooking the courtyard, gardens and several rooms overlooking Via Cavour which is the main street but 70% pedestrian and so it's not too noisy. All rooms have triple glasses and double windows. WI/FI available in all the rooms and the drawing rooms and it's free of charge if you have your own laptop or i-phone or i-pad. Bistrot restaurant next door "IL DESCO" open every day (12 till 10,30 pm but on Sunday it closes at 3,00 pm) with good menu' all day long (many organic products directly by the owner's farm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers so you can book your Il Guelfo Bianco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il Guelfo Bianco Florence
- Il Guelfo Bianco Hotel Florence