Il Guelfo Bianco
US$299
US$274
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Florence Metropole(Florence)(Great Value!)
US$155
US$125
  • Room Service
Hotel David(Florence)
US$207
US$197
2,453 results
All reviewsbruschettamodern artvia cavourolive oiljunior suiteperfect locationtrain stationpastriescharming hotelstreet sideroom was largewould definitely stay here againold world charmwould highly recommend this hotelfew minutes walkbreakfast was delicioussan lorenzo market
Reviewed 29 October 2012

This was a nice little place to stay in Florence. The prices weren't too bad and the rooms were a decent size. It was pretty clean and the location is really quite good.
I can't say it'll blow you away, but it's certainly a solid place. The breakfast bar was really good. Pastries, fruit, juice, cheeses, eggs...can't complain a bit. In fact, they had this jelly for the croissants that I couldn't get enough of. The woman and guy who served the tables were very sweet people and took great care of the guests.
My main complaint is safety. Personally, I can take pretty good care of myself. As long as my wife's with me, she had good protection. However, if my wife were traveling alone or with other women, I would not recommend staying here.
When you leave this hotel to go exploring, you typically leave your key. It hangs behind the front desk and when you come back, they hand it to you. This sounds great, but there are issues that should be addressed. At night, when we'd come back, more often than not, the person at the front desk would be gone and I'd have to go looking for them to get my key. At times, they're sitting in the cafe, on a computer or smoking somewhere. The reason this is such a huge issue is because I could have easily grabbed a few keys myself, ransacked some rooms and been gone before anyone had known. This is unsafe. If you're traveling alone, consider this and make liberal use of the safes.

Room Tip: Interior room seemed to be quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
GUELFOMANAGER, Manager at Il Guelfo Bianco, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2012

I am quite happy that you really like our breakfast and you found people who served the tables were sweet and they took a good care of the guests. Regarding the room you wrote they do have a “decent size” I would like to remember to all the customers rooms are all different here in size that why we have executive superior de luxe and junior suite. The executive rooms have a standard size, superior are larger, the deluxe and junior suites are very large rooms with a sitting area. We start from a min. of 14 square meters for the executive rooms up to 40 square meters for the largest de luxe and junior suites.
Everybody who works here try to do his/her best every day helping the guests with all their needs even before their arrivals and sometimes even after their departures. Many many people who stayed here once became a friend for us and we are in touch with many guests even thanks to Facebook. You are right our hotel is a solid place and I have to point out something about the safety here: I can guarantee to everybody that our hotel is a safety place: our front desk is monitored 24 hours a day. It’s possible that sometimes people of our staff who are on duty at the front desk have to move for a short time but not because someone is going to sit in the café’ (we can have a café’ anytime in our small bar just 10 meters far from the desk ). Everybody here is working hard to guarantee a pleasant stay to the customers and luckily reading all the nice reviews people leave here we can say they do appreciate our job. We have many many solo travelers especially women who are enthusiastic about us because we are always available for every kind of problems and we had many people who suggest our hotels to some friends who decide to travel alone because its’ a safe place and the staff is friendly and helpful and always ready to give good advices. I do not think at all it could be any kind of danger here either if you travel with a companion or if you travel alone. During the night sometimes the night auditor is moving in the breakfast room to finish to settle the tables and the buffet but we have always a way to check our front desk. I am sorry you had this bad feeling it seems we do not care enough about the guests and our job ….trust me this is a kind of job you can do if you really like it especially in an hotel like Il Guelfo Bianco with a family atmosphere. However I feel to say sorry if we did something wrong with our behavior and you draw a wrong conclusion. The hotel is right in the city center in a quite area and it’s very safe to walk around even late night. I really hope I gave you enough info to change your mind about the safety here at our hotel. Thanks to all the great reviews we received by our marvelous guests we have a ranking of 4,70 on TripAdvisor and every day with every single customer we do our best to earn this great ranking and believe me we have to work hard to keep it so high!
Well, I really hope to welcome you once again in the future even to show you how we slave away to be one of the top hotels in Florence but we do always with a smile 
Best regards.
Antonella Rocchini

Reviewed 28 October 2012

We loved this hotel! The hotel was very clean, the rooms were very large and the breakfast was fantastic. The staff was very helpful with train reservations and tickets to the museums. We would highly recommend this hotel and definitely would stay here again. And we choose this hotel from our research on Trip Advisor!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2012

We spent three nights at the hotel. It is very conveniently located to the attractions in Florence. The staff at the front desk provides great directions to all the sites and services. Taxis showed up within minutes of their calling them. They have a plentiful supply of umbrellas at the door - they came in very handy. The breakfast is not large but the food is incredibly fresh. Rooms are a good size especially considering it is a three star downtown hotel. The attached bar/café which is only open in the afternoons services great drinks and antipasto type snacks with a smile. We stayed here at the recommendation of my niece who had stayed here and it more than met here recommendation.

Room Tip: higher floor or no street view to avoid street noise, which is not excessive but I prefer avoiding.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 October 2012

A welcoming staff, large, clean rooms, and a great location for visiting the historic center of Florence. Breakfast was also very good and staff were helpful. We were traveling with our 8 month old son and we had a great baby bed and the breakfast staff were ready with a child's chair every morning. Desk staff warm and knowledgeable. A great place to stay in Florence.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2012

Wonderful hotel - family feeling - good food - very helpful - large room with wood-framed archway and wood beam decorative ceiling. Easy walk 15 min to train station and centrally located to all attractions. Il Desco is the attached restaurant and we were provided a free welcoming drink - the restaurant owner asked us to choose any wine and provided us a selection of cheese and fruit. Clean and immaculate with an efficient, friendly staff. Only issue for us was the street side room - the hotel is close to a hospital and only one very late evening multiple times ambulances with sirens disturbed our sleep - so if that bothers you ask for a courtside room

Room Tip: Court side room to avoid the street noise
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple