This charming and beautifully appointed hotel is very conveniently located. You can easily walk to all the major sights. The staff are pleasant and professional.
Prior to our first visit, I had numerous emails with various staff to decide which room to book. After I made my decision, they agreed to assign that room to me. Now, I supppose because they have become very popular, they are reluctant to guarantee a particular room - even if booked months in advance. Fortunately, we have been able to get the room we wanted for all three of our visits. It is a beautiful, spacious room with high coffered ceilings and antique furnishings. It is quiet since it faces the courtyard.
The breakfast is one of the best I have ever had. Everything is fresh and very tasty. Their brochure explains where where the milk, olive oil and many of the other products come from. It is obvious everything is of the highest quality. I just wish breakfast were served earlier than 7:30. The major museums in Florence open at 8:15. The three days we were at the hotel, the breakfast room was very busy at 7:30. There was only one (very hard working) person who was setting up the buffet and taking and preparing the hot beverage orders. If breakfast were served earlier, perhaps everyone would not come at the same time since I am sure many of the "early birds" were there for the same reason we were - to get to the museums for 8:15 reservations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is right in the city center, between Piazza Duomo and Piazza San Marco , few steps away from Accademia (the museum where you can see the famous DAVID by Michelangelo). It's housed in two late 15th century building next each other. All rooms are different in size and position - executive rooms have a standard size - superior rooms are larger - de luxe and junior suite are very large with a sitting area. We have rooms overlooking the courtyard, gardens and several rooms overlooking Via Cavour which is the main street but 70% pedestrian and so it's not too noisy. All rooms have triple glasses and double windows. WI/FI available in all the rooms and the drawing rooms and it's free of charge if you have your own laptop or i-phone or i-pad. Bistrot restaurant next door "IL DESCO" open every day (12 till 10,30 pm but on Sunday it closes at 3,00 pm) with good menu' all day long (many organic products directly by the owner's farm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers so you can book your Il Guelfo Bianco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il Guelfo Bianco Florence
- Il Guelfo Bianco Hotel Florence