This hotel is approx 20 mins from airport. 20 euros by taxi or if had a long journey, you can ask the hotel to supply adriver to pick you up for approx 40 euros which we done.
The hotel sits in a 1500's style building situated just 5 mins walk from the Duomo. Our welcome at reception was great & all reception staff were very friendly during our stay. Our room was 202 overlooking the street but with 4 different types of shutter on the window, we had a very peaceful sleep every night. The room had character & charm with high ceiling and period furniture. Just a few things not in room which was not a problem for me but worth a mention. No hot press, tea/coffee facility or iron. Draw space is limited to one draw in wardrobe.
Bathroom was clean with great shower.
Breakfast was taken in a pleasant dining room off reception area with contemporary artwork throughout the whole hotel. Food was excellent as was the selection. No cooked breakfast available for those who like it. Personally, I hate cooked breakfast and go for continental and there was enough selection for all. Staff were attentive and friendly.
Forget taxis from here. The hotel is situated just nicely for everything. Turn right out of hotel and 5 mins you at the Duomo, 10 mins Piazza Repubblica, 15 mins Ponte Vecchio. If going shopping which it is hard not too. What I found was that if you go right at the Duomo, you enter the centre but all high end shops but if you go left, we found shops like vintage clothing, art shops. shoe makers, chocolate makers and small wine shops. Please explore the little side streets. Just walk. The city is safe, plenty of police visible. Also plenty of restaurants nearby.
Railway station only 15 min walk if you decide to go to Pisa, Ticket approx 16 euro each and about an hour journey. Loved this hotel and Florence.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is right in the city center, between Piazza Duomo and Piazza San Marco , few steps away from Accademia (the museum where you can see the famous DAVID by Michelangelo). It's housed in two late 15th century building next each other. All rooms are different in size and position - executive rooms have a standard size - superior rooms are larger - de luxe and junior suite are very large with a sitting area. We have rooms overlooking the courtyard, gardens and several rooms overlooking Via Cavour which is the main street but 70% pedestrian and so it's not too noisy. All rooms have triple glasses and double windows. WI/FI available in all the rooms and the drawing rooms and it's free of charge if you have your own laptop or i-phone or i-pad. Bistrot restaurant next door "IL DESCO" open every day (12 till 10,30 pm but on Sunday it closes at 3,00 pm) with good menu' all day long (many organic products directly by the owner's farm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Il Guelfo Bianco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il Guelfo Bianco Florence
- Il Guelfo Bianco Hotel Florence