Just returned from a short visit to Firenze and stayed at Il Guelfo Bianco, where we received excellent and friendly service even before we arrived. Corresponding with the staff on various occasions planning our trip was helpful and easeful. On arrival, we were greeted by Julia, who immediately became a friend. We were welcomed with a free drink and appetizers at the hotel's restaurant, which offered quite delicious organic food from their own organic farm in Tuscany. The hotel room itself was so much better than we expected--quite large, beautifully decorated, comfortable and quiet. We didn't want to leave! The hotel itself is delightful to walk through, with lovely artwork and fashion decorating each floor. It would be worth your time to take a stroll on each floor and find the hidden treasures. The breakfast offerings were exceptional and generous and presented in the hotel's delightful breakfast room. The hotel is extremely well located to see all the sights of Firenze. All in all, it was one of our best stays in Europe and made our time in Firenze memorable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is right in the city center, between Piazza Duomo and Piazza San Marco , few steps away from Accademia (the museum where you can see the famous DAVID by Michelangelo). It's housed in two late 15th century building next each other. All rooms are different in size and position - executive rooms have a standard size - superior rooms are larger - de luxe and junior suite are very large with a sitting area. We have rooms overlooking the courtyard, gardens and several rooms overlooking Via Cavour which is the main street but 70% pedestrian and so it's not too noisy. All rooms have triple glasses and double windows. WI/FI available in all the rooms and the drawing rooms and it's free of charge if you have your own laptop or i-phone or i-pad. Bistrot restaurant next door "IL DESCO" open every day (12 till 10,30 pm but on Sunday it closes at 3,00 pm) with good menu' all day long (many organic products directly by the owner's farm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Il Guelfo Bianco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il Guelfo Bianco Florence
- Il Guelfo Bianco Hotel Florence