My home in Florence.
I absolutely loved my 10 days in Jul/Aug at this hotel. It was one of the highlights of my trip to Italy, and I would highly recommend to any one thinking of a central hotel in Florence. Do not bother with any other hotel, this is one of the very best hotels that I have ever stayed in anywhere.
Hotel is in a league of its own compared to lots of hotels in Florence, and Italy for that matter. It is great value for a three star hotel, as it has the rooms, staff and overall service of a higher rating hotel.
To begin with the Location is unbeatable for getting around Florence hot spots. Located in via Cavour, you can walk to anywhere of interest, all the sights, museums, galleries etc.
It’s only 3 mins walk down to the Doumo, the famous Florence leather market is 2 mins away, so is the food markets ( yum-don’t miss it!), and then everything else in pretty much a 10-15 walk, Uffizi, Pitti Palace, Ponte Vecchio.
My room at the hotel was 1st class, pretty spacious with lots of natural light. A big comfy bed, LCD TV, big spotlessly clean bathroom, fantastic balcony facing into an inner courtyard with views onto some old Florentine houses. The balcony room is room 124 for those who may be interested, it is a double room. The room servicing was daily and was really good, everything was kept spotlessly clean.
Their complimentary toiletries in the bathrooms are worth a mention, they provided gorgeous olive oil based bathroom soaps and shampoos, all made in Italy ofcourse and much better than what you would normally get.
The extra special staff, Federico, Daniel and the gorgeous Gulia, all professionals. Always happy and friendly, and will point you in the right direction for good restaurants etc.
Their reception service is better than average and to be commended.
The hotel offers all sorts of extra little touches that other hotels just over look, choccies at the bar in the lobby, the staff often made me a coffee, or a nice little aperitif to have at the bar with my choccie.
A computer point is available for hotel guests, all the latest magazines and also some books for guests enjoyment.
Breakfast is just simply scrumptious, and all you need to start your day. On offer are all the usual goodies that you get plus more, there's yummy fresh fruit, organic jams, delicious crème filled croissants, fresh coffee, boiled eggs, bruschetta, cheeses, prosciutto, what other hotel would have prosciutto and bruschetta for breakfast if you want it, much better than the standard breakfast at most hotels .
Thanks to everyone at the hotel!
You made it all so easy to stay there, thanks for taking care of my needs and giving me such a great room.
Everything made my stay absolutely fantastic and I can’t wait to come back soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is right in the city center, between Piazza Duomo and Piazza San Marco , few steps away from Accademia (the museum where you can see the famous DAVID by Michelangelo). It's housed in two late 15th century building next each other. All rooms are different in size and position - executive rooms have a standard size - superior rooms are larger - de luxe and junior suite are very large with a sitting area. We have rooms overlooking the courtyard, gardens and several rooms overlooking Via Cavour which is the main street but 70% pedestrian and so it's not too noisy. All rooms have triple glasses and double windows. WI/FI available in all the rooms and the drawing rooms and it's free of charge if you have your own laptop or i-phone or i-pad. Bistrot restaurant next door "IL DESCO" open every day (12 till 10,30 pm but on Sunday it closes at 3,00 pm) with good menu' all day long (many organic products directly by the owner's farm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Il Guelfo Bianco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il Guelfo Bianco Florence
- Il Guelfo Bianco Hotel Florence