2,498 results
All reviewsbruschettamodern artvia cavourolive oiljunior suiteperfect locationtrain stationpastriescharming hotelroom was largewould definitely stay here againold world charmfew minutes walkbreakfast was deliciouscentral marketsan lorenzothree nights
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I recently spent a few days in Florence visiting my daughter at university. The hotel is in a perfect location and near all the attractions. Well-appointed rooms, with knowledgeable and attentive staff. Special thanks to Giulia for a memorable stay for me and my daughter. I would definitely return to Florence at the first opportunity and stay at the Hotel Il Guelfo Bianco.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

My father and I were visiting my daughter who was having a semester abroad in Florence (like it seemed 1/2 the city was) and stayed here for two nights. Great location! Great breakfast! Great room! We loved it. Next time in Florence, we'll be back with guelfo bianco

Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Rpains
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We have just returned from 5 nights at Il Guelfo Bianco and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The welcome was open and friendly. We had an outstanding inward facing room,with excellent facilities and linen changes daily. The room had many interesting architectural features and had been well restored. The breakfast was excellent ,with plenty of choice and freshly prepared items and of course super coffee! Their small "cafe/ restaurant " used locally sourced very fresh produce and tastily prepared. All staff were pleasant helpful and professional. We'd definitely stay again!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Alastair P
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Had the pleasure of staying at this hotel last week. Great atmosphere, wonderful rooms, breakfast & location. However, the true highlight of the stay was the accommodating staff. Staff, specifically Giulia went above and beyond to make the stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. Highly recommend for anyone coming to Florence!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Jessica S
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Not showy, but nice clean rooms, great beds, and location to the shopping district couldn't be better. Staff were great, and both the breakfast...( included), and lunch were excellent. If your after something simple and affordable.....definately put this one hotel on your list.

Room Tip: A bit noisy if your room is located right next to the Mcdonalds
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Waikai1
GUELFOMANAGER, General Manager at Il Guelfo Bianco, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Waika1,

thanks for your review. I am happy you found our hotel clean, you liked the beds and location and you also have appreciated the service of our staff.
Good to read that you liked also our bistrot restaurant Il Desco. Luckily all of our customers love it because they can find organic food and high quality products . Since April 18th our bistro is open even till late (we close at 10,30 pm) so now we are able to serve even light dinner with tasty dishes.
Regarding the Mcdonalds: our hotel Is not right next to Mcdonalds, between our hotel and McDonalds there is chemist and a jewelery shop. So I have been surprise you could hear noisy from it.
Well I think you wrote a positive review about your stay I am just a bit sad you just gave us a three as final score but…what to say…we have to accept it.
I really hope to welcome you again if you come back to Florence.

Ps I wish to say hello to all our Canadian friends. A big hug to all of you!

Best regards.