2,499 results
All reviewsbruschettamodern artvia cavourolive oiljunior suiteperfect locationtrain stationpastriescharming hotelroom was largewould definitely stay here againold world charmfew minutes walkbreakfast was deliciouscentral marketsan lorenzothree nights
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed here on our honeymoon and really enjoyed it!!! Everyone is different and has different expectations but we found it to be clean, had a good breakfast, and well located. One thing that is for sure is the people there are incredibly friendly and nice. We would definitely stay here again!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jodiedan_wedding
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My family and I enjoyed three nights at Il Guelfo Bianco. The rooms were spacious, comfortable and spotless. The staff were all very nice and generous with advice, especially Guilia and Federico. We also enjoyed their bistrot next door, once for lunch and once for dinner. My husband and I are vegetarian and appreciated their vegetarian dishes - we did not think we would see seitan on the menu in Italy and it was very good!

The location is very convenient to all of the tourist sites but you don't feel overwhelmed by the crowds when you step out of the door - the best of both worlds. I highly recommend the hotel to anyone planning a trip to Florence.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Marta B
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed 4 nights at this hotel from March 30 to April 3. From the moment we arrived, the reception was exceptional. Francesco was friendly and extremely hospitable on check in. He gave us wonderful recommendations to plan the things we wanted to do while in Florence. Our accommodations were delightful. The room is decorated with the décor that gives the flavor of Florence. We received a coupon for a welcome drink but since it was Sunday we were told we could use it during our stay because the restaurant was closed on Sunday. We used our coupon 2 days later and Sham's was fantastic in providing our drink plus a snack to go with it. Really amazing food! Breakfast each morning had a great variety and very good quality food. The hotel also provided us with a continental breakfast when we had to leave early before breakfast was served.
The location was perfect. We were in walking distance to all the historical sites. We would definitely return and stay at this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: Our room was toward the back, not facing the street so it was quiet. The rooms facing the street may have noise.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mary Anne P
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Staying at Il Guelfo Bianco made our trip to Florence even better. The location is perfect for visiting the Duomo and was only meters away from a most helpful tourist information center and fully stocked market all the while feeling like you are out of the hustle of the city. Our room faced an interior courtyard and was very quiet. The bathroom felt brand new and was absolutely spotless and bright. The staff was most helpful and pleasure to speak with, taking time for recommendations and giving clear directions. Breakfast was fresh with several fruit and pastry choices. And I love that they were locally sourced and very fresh. We were thrilled with our stay to Il Guelfo Bianco and would recommend it to anyone visiting Florence.

Room Tip: Interior rooms are quiet and perfect for a great night of sleep
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer N
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I recently spent a few days in Florence visiting my daughter at university. The hotel is in a perfect location and near all the attractions. Well-appointed rooms, with knowledgeable and attentive staff. Special thanks to Giulia for a memorable stay for me and my daughter. I would definitely return to Florence at the first opportunity and stay at the Hotel Il Guelfo Bianco.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family