2,498 results
All reviewsbruschettamodern artvia cavourolive oiljunior suiteperfect locationtrain stationpastriescharming hotelroom was largewould definitely stay here againold world charmfew minutes walkbreakfast was deliciouscentral marketsan lorenzothree nights
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We loved this hotel because it was just like home, well-spaced, clean, extremely charming and romantic! My family stayed in a 2-bedroom apartment just recently (April 27-May 2, 2014). It was equipped with a washing machine and ample supply of laundry detergents! Likewise the kitchen was well equipped. Bed linens were changed daily, toiletries were generously replenished. The living room was spacious and comfortable! We understand what Italian breakfast meant, so we had to make do with what was available and served ! Travelers should immerse in the culture of the visited country to explore and experience :) Hotel staff were friendly and accommodating. Our next destination was Venezia, the good part was bringing freshly washed clothes, among others. There are very limited hotels providing washing machine in the room, but if you are traveling further on, choose a hotel like Il Guelfo Bianco :)
This lovely and charming hotel was walking distance to places of interest and transportation. We will definitely return to this hotel when in Firenze S.M.N. ! Hotel costs were absolutely reasonable!

Room Tip: Try the apartment if you have the budget. Yes Via Cavour was quite noisy during some late evenings but it did not bother us - like I said immerse and experience ! We did not mind because each day spent in Firenze was happy and joyful.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Susan S
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel during a study trip with my university and I absolutely loved it! The rooms were spacious and came with all of the necessary amenities and it had a wonderful old world charm. The staff was very friendly and the breakfast provided was very good! I will definitely stay there when I return to Florence!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Scmug
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The hotel has very friendly and helpful staff , is close to all the major attractions , and is well run .Our room was on the road( a bit noisy), and had a small shower room , but was well furnished in all other respects - suggest you ask to look at a number of rooms .Breakfast well presented and tasty

Room Tip: away from main road
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank barrys194
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This is a charming hotel situated close to the Duomo and not far from the Uffizi. We stayed in room 228 which is huge, with a panelled wood ceiling. Big bathroom with big bath and good shower. Rooms facing the Via Cavour are noisy, but if you don't mind having the windows closed, the double glazing works well. Excellent breakfast. Reception staff could not have been more helpful.

Room Tip: Apparently room 128 is also very large.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel, we had a room off the courtyard so it was very quiet at night. Nice breakfast options in the morning. Bathroom was very clean, only negative was the carpet was a bit stained. Easy walk to all the main sites in Florence.

Stayed: May 2014
GUELFOMANAGER, Manager at Il Guelfo Bianco, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Jeremy P,

thanks very uch for your review. I ma happy you liked the room we assigned to you and you did appreciate our breakfast. I am sorry that the carpet was a bit stained. We care a lot about the maintenance of our rooms and when the chambermaid found out the small spots on it she did clean them immediately. Maybe you saw her before she could clean them. I just wish to advice you all and the customers once again that at our front desk there is always someone 24 hours a day so in case you have a problem you can advice us immediately (it's possible that we cannot solve al the problems in a minute but we always try to solve them very quickly). Everyday we work really hard to avoid negative things because our goal is the satisfaction of our guests. We try to guarantee to everyone an enjoyable stay here .
I really hope to welcome you here again and I wish to say "thank you" to all the people who choce our hotel for their Holiday in Florence and also all the people who will chooce our hotel. We love you all!
Best regards.