Chose the Guelfo Bianco based on the consitant TA reviews. FRom the time we booked 6 months ago until we arrived last week they have been rated at #10 and being so centrally positioned to most of the tourist sights are expectations were well rewarded. The building is extremley interesting dating back some 600 years with plenty of the remainig features like the brickwork in the lobby being well presented. Our room was on the top floor at the front and although the road is extremley busy day and night so long as the window is closed you do get a good nights sleep as the air com unit below the window does a very good job and is not noisy. All the rooms are querky to say the least, ours was very well decorated and kept spotless for the 5 days we stayed, compact ensuite with a large walkin shower nice and powerful. Stacked minibar and a very helpful multi connection phone charger but the room did lack any drawer units. Luckily it is a large wardrobe and plenty of space to leave to work out of 2 cases without cluttering the room. Breakfast really was quite a treat,quality service bringing you very good cappacinos and nice a varied selection of treats. Large bowl of strawberrys and cherries, fresh custard and chocolate pastries, paninies , quality fresh squeezed orange juice not the usual glow in the dark chemical rubbish, fresh greek style yogurt, honey is only a small section and it is being continually topped up the whole time by the extremley hard working girls. The desk staff as well as the resturant staff of the ajoining resturant they own are all very pleasent and so helpful but not in your face just 105% whenever you see them. The huge central market and surrounding stalls, the cathedral, the dome, michael, the station, they are all less then 10 mins walk. Great hotel choice, would not hestitate to return
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is right in the city center, between Piazza Duomo and Piazza San Marco , few steps away from Accademia (the museum where you can see the famous DAVID by Michelangelo). It's housed in two late 15th century building next each other. All rooms are different in size and position - executive rooms have a standard size - superior rooms are larger - de luxe and junior suite are very large with a sitting area. We have rooms overlooking the courtyard, gardens and several rooms overlooking Via Cavour which is the main street but 70% pedestrian and so it's not too noisy. All rooms have triple glasses and double windows. WI/FI available in all the rooms and the drawing rooms and it's free of charge if you have your own laptop or i-phone or i-pad. Bistrot restaurant next door "IL DESCO" open every day (12 till 10,30 pm but on Sunday it closes at 3,00 pm) with good menu' all day long (many organic products directly by the owner's farm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers so you can book your Il Guelfo Bianco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il Guelfo Bianco Florence
- Il Guelfo Bianco Hotel Florence