“An excellent hotel”

Ranked #27 of 421 Hotels in Florence
athens
“An excellent hotel”
Reviewed 12 January 2010

Il Guelfo Bianco is an excellent choice for all, is a wonderful Hotel with large comfortable, clean rooms. All employee were polite and helpfull. We also got a free breakfast buffet. The location is ideal for shoping, museums, restaurants and all the turistic attractions. I would definitely stay at this hotel again

I recomment this hotel for An Amazing honeymoon, A Romantic getaway, girlfriend getaway, older travelers, families with young children, families with teenagers and all kind of tourists.
It worths every star it has!

Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Athens
Reviewed 10 January 2010

This was my first time in Florence. I was really looking forward to it and i wanted everything to be perfect including the hotel i would stay at. My friend with whom i made this trip was in florence before and she told me to allow her to book a room at this hotel she had stayed many times before. And her choice was the best! Il Guelfo Bianco! Where shall i start? The decoration: very warm. The furniture: elegant and well selected. The location: perfect, right in the centre! The rooms: very cosy and well functioning. The bed was so comfortable that i wanted to stay in bed all day! The breakfast, what can i say about it? So big selection of everything. There was something to cover all tastes, and everything was so fresh! Above all i loved the people working there. It was not just another smile, they trully wanted us to enjoy ourselves and they helped us a lot: they booked for us tickets for the sites, they organized excursions, and all the suggestions they made for our lunch and dinner, was exactly what we had asked them for. Right on the spot. For sure i will return not only in Florence but also at "Il Guelfo Bianco". Thank you!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends
east coast
Reviewed 10 January 2010

This is a wonderful hotel right in the perfect spot to enjoy Florence. It couldn't be more central to the Duomo and the Uffizzi Gallery and the real David. Breakfast was wonderful and the staff were so kind and helpful. The staff have wonderful language skills, so the fact that i don't speak any Italian was never a problem

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank dbeck2151
Athens
Reviewed 5 January 2010

When me and my friends decided to go to Florence for the new year, i told them that there was no need to look for a hotel. I had already considered it for granted that we were going to stay at "Il Guelfo Bianco". I was there again and I was absolutely sure that my choice was again going to be the correct one. And it was! This time since we were four, we chose the quadruple room. It was the best room I have stayed in. Spacious room, with excellent decoration, overlooking the main street but without any noise. The beds were very confortable and you could "get lost" in between the sheets and the pillows! Another thing was that the breakfast was enriched with biogical products: milk, marmelades. The fruits were fresh every morning. Breakfast at "Il Guelfo Bianco" can satisfy any taste! I was sure that the staff knows the city of Florence in and out, and all the suggestions they made regarding eating in the city were excellent in terms of both taste and prices. Once more I enjoyed my staying there and so did my friends who were happy that they trusted me with the choice: "Il Guelfo Bianco" again and again and again!!!!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends
Ohio
Reviewed 4 January 2010

A friend who stayed at this hotel recommended it. We loved the hotel and will stay there when we return. The staff was very friendly and helpful and made great suggestions and made reservations for us at tours and museums and restaurants. The staff at the front desk were very knowledgeable about the city and the tours and restaurants. The room was very comfortable and roomy enough. The location of the hotel is excellant- about three blocks from the Duomo. The free breakfast every morning was very good. They made reservations for the Accademia, Uffizi and a bus day tour of Tuscany. While I liked the accomodations (good value for the money), the best feature was the great location. We enjoyed walking around Florence. I do not think there was anything about this hotel we did not like.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 3 January 2010

I loved this hotel. We stayed at several throughout Italy and this one of the best hotels we stayed at. The room was a "Superior" with whirlpool tub. The room was spacious with high ceilings. It wasn't much more for this upgrade and I would definitely recommend it because the tub was comforting after a long day of sightseeing.
The staff was friendly and made our museum reservations, spa reservations, and made special efforts to ensure our honeymoon was enjoyed. Special thanks to Frederico :)

We took the tour of Siena and Chianti that the hotel advertised at the front desk, not sure that I would recommend that particular tour but the hotel can give you 6 or more companies to choose from so just research them before you go.

Overall I loved this hotel for the spacious room, helpful staff, and excellent italian breakfast (pastries and cafe but also fresh bruschetta and organic jams). The hotel was beautiful too.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 26 December 2009

Il Guelfo Bianco is a very stylish, artistic hotel in a great location; five minutes from Duomo and about ten or so from Academia Museum, a short walk to San Lorenzo market and train station. Very clean, staff very helpful. Rooms vary in size from smaller to suite size; beds and pillows - very, very hard; bathroom size depends on room size. Breakfast is in Italian style - meats, breads, yogurt, cheeses, some cereal, some fruits, coffee, juices etc. All in all, a great hotel if you can withstand the hard beds and kind of dark (not well lit) rooms. Frommers gives an accurate description also.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
GUELFOMANAGER, hotel manager at Il Guelfo Bianco, responded to this review, 29 December 2009
Dear Customers,

first of all I wish to thank you for writing a review about your stay. We are happy you had nice words for all of our staff and our services. As you wrote our rooms are different in size starting from the executive ones, which have a standard size but equipped with best comforts and antique fornitures, up to the junior suite, which are much larger.
In all of our rooms we have energy conservation bulbs because as I wrote many times WE CARE A LOT about our enviroment and this kind of bulbs have a light quite soft when you switch them on.
Our beds have new mattress called “privilege beauty rest” by Simmons. They have an high quality anatomic support and offer an unbeatable comfort; they have a patented system called “High Comfort Process” to intensify the comfort. We choose these kind of mattress hoping to offer the best on the market. We are sorry you found them so hard.
Well, I really hope to welcome you here once again whenever you come back in Florence. We always consider our customers as good friends when they leave the hotel and we hope to meet them again. We will keep in mind your advices hoping next time you can have also a good memories about our hotel “night and day”.
We wish you an Happy New Year