“Superb stay”
Review of Il Guelfo Bianco

Il Guelfo Bianco
Ranked #27 of 409 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 13 January 2010

The warm reception, the unexpected upgrade, the cozy and elegant atmosphere of the rooms, the delicious breakfast and the efficient service were highlights of our stay at Il Guelfo Bianco, in Firenze. Centrally located, just two blocks from Acaddemia, Il Duomo, and the Market.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends

Reviewed 12 January 2010

Il Guelfo Bianco is an excellent choice for all, is a wonderful Hotel with large comfortable, clean rooms. All employee were polite and helpfull. We also got a free breakfast buffet. The location is ideal for shoping, museums, restaurants and all the turistic attractions. I would definitely stay at this hotel again

I recomment this hotel for An Amazing honeymoon, A Romantic getaway, girlfriend getaway, older travelers, families with young children, families with teenagers and all kind of tourists.
It worths every star it has!

Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 January 2010

This was my first time in Florence. I was really looking forward to it and i wanted everything to be perfect including the hotel i would stay at. My friend with whom i made this trip was in florence before and she told me to allow her to book a room at this hotel she had stayed many times before. And her choice was the best! Il Guelfo Bianco! Where shall i start? The decoration: very warm. The furniture: elegant and well selected. The location: perfect, right in the centre! The rooms: very cosy and well functioning. The bed was so comfortable that i wanted to stay in bed all day! The breakfast, what can i say about it? So big selection of everything. There was something to cover all tastes, and everything was so fresh! Above all i loved the people working there. It was not just another smile, they trully wanted us to enjoy ourselves and they helped us a lot: they booked for us tickets for the sites, they organized excursions, and all the suggestions they made for our lunch and dinner, was exactly what we had asked them for. Right on the spot. For sure i will return not only in Florence but also at "Il Guelfo Bianco". Thank you!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 January 2010

This is a wonderful hotel right in the perfect spot to enjoy Florence. It couldn't be more central to the Duomo and the Uffizzi Gallery and the real David. Breakfast was wonderful and the staff were so kind and helpful. The staff have wonderful language skills, so the fact that i don't speak any Italian was never a problem

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank dbeck2151
Reviewed 5 January 2010

When me and my friends decided to go to Florence for the new year, i told them that there was no need to look for a hotel. I had already considered it for granted that we were going to stay at "Il Guelfo Bianco". I was there again and I was absolutely sure that my choice was again going to be the correct one. And it was! This time since we were four, we chose the quadruple room. It was the best room I have stayed in. Spacious room, with excellent decoration, overlooking the main street but without any noise. The beds were very confortable and you could "get lost" in between the sheets and the pillows! Another thing was that the breakfast was enriched with biogical products: milk, marmelades. The fruits were fresh every morning. Breakfast at "Il Guelfo Bianco" can satisfy any taste! I was sure that the staff knows the city of Florence in and out, and all the suggestions they made regarding eating in the city were excellent in terms of both taste and prices. Once more I enjoyed my staying there and so did my friends who were happy that they trusted me with the choice: "Il Guelfo Bianco" again and again and again!!!!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 January 2010

A friend who stayed at this hotel recommended it. We loved the hotel and will stay there when we return. The staff was very friendly and helpful and made great suggestions and made reservations for us at tours and museums and restaurants. The staff at the front desk were very knowledgeable about the city and the tours and restaurants. The room was very comfortable and roomy enough. The location of the hotel is excellant- about three blocks from the Duomo. The free breakfast every morning was very good. They made reservations for the Accademia, Uffizi and a bus day tour of Tuscany. While I liked the accomodations (good value for the money), the best feature was the great location. We enjoyed walking around Florence. I do not think there was anything about this hotel we did not like.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2010

I loved this hotel. We stayed at several throughout Italy and this one of the best hotels we stayed at. The room was a "Superior" with whirlpool tub. The room was spacious with high ceilings. It wasn't much more for this upgrade and I would definitely recommend it because the tub was comforting after a long day of sightseeing.
The staff was friendly and made our museum reservations, spa reservations, and made special efforts to ensure our honeymoon was enjoyed. Special thanks to Frederico :)

We took the tour of Siena and Chianti that the hotel advertised at the front desk, not sure that I would recommend that particular tour but the hotel can give you 6 or more companies to choose from so just research them before you go.

Overall I loved this hotel for the spacious room, helpful staff, and excellent italian breakfast (pastries and cafe but also fresh bruschetta and organic jams). The hotel was beautiful too.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple