“Beautiful Rooms Professional (yet friendly) & Accommodating Staff”
Review of Il Guelfo Bianco

Il Guelfo Bianco
Ranked #27 of 420 Hotels in Florence
chicago
“Beautiful Rooms Professional (yet friendly) & Accommodating Staff”
Reviewed 17 January 2010

This was my husbands 1st trip overseas; not mine, i'd backpacked all over italy w/ my siblings before. That being said, i am used to the hostel life, my hubby not so much. So i was looking for a hotel that would be on the luxurious side. This hotel exceeded expectations. Turns out i was the fussy one.

I work night shift & sleep in late. We had a room on the street and i like to sleep w/ the windows open for fresh air, bad idea. A flock of scooters seemed to wake me every 5 mins. & the car exhaust was faint, but evident. It was only rough like that during "rush hour" - yes, even in Italy there is a little bit of a rush. And even though it was the weekend they were able to switch us to a room in the back for the remaining 2 nights.

Then I got food poisoning (NOT there) & they extended our stay another night. Even though the room we were in was booked for that night, they upgraded those people to a larger room to accommodate me.

The rooms were clean & huge, beds very comfortable & laundry service available. The bathrooms beautifully tiled in bright colors. The food was excellent as was the coffee, the latter I know I am fussy about. I drink my coffee black & if its too old, weak or of poor quality I cant drink it, delicious! There was a wine tasting one night & and olive oli tasting another night. The staff were helpful, especially when i got sick & my poor husband had to maneuver Florence on his own without knowing any Italian. He was already a nervous traveler to begin w/, but the desk service was very helpful in directing him to a restaurant he'd like & to a pharmacy where i was in need of things. Internet was available for a fee & there were work areas just past the lobby as well as newspapers, other reading materials & a bar! Of course its difficult internet reception at times, these are centuries old buildings & wireless cant penetrate. The location cant be beat. Just a 5 minute walk to the duomo, dozens of fine dining establishments & impressive shopping, even though I am NOT a shopper. I cant wait to come back & would recommend this to anyone looking for a beautiful place in this beautiful city.

• Stayed November 2007, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Rio de Janeiro
Reviewed 13 January 2010

The warm reception, the unexpected upgrade, the cozy and elegant atmosphere of the rooms, the delicious breakfast and the efficient service were highlights of our stay at Il Guelfo Bianco, in Firenze. Centrally located, just two blocks from Acaddemia, Il Duomo, and the Market.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends
athens
Reviewed 12 January 2010

Il Guelfo Bianco is an excellent choice for all, is a wonderful Hotel with large comfortable, clean rooms. All employee were polite and helpfull. We also got a free breakfast buffet. The location is ideal for shoping, museums, restaurants and all the turistic attractions. I would definitely stay at this hotel again

I recomment this hotel for An Amazing honeymoon, A Romantic getaway, girlfriend getaway, older travelers, families with young children, families with teenagers and all kind of tourists.
It worths every star it has!

Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends
Athens
Reviewed 10 January 2010

This was my first time in Florence. I was really looking forward to it and i wanted everything to be perfect including the hotel i would stay at. My friend with whom i made this trip was in florence before and she told me to allow her to book a room at this hotel she had stayed many times before. And her choice was the best! Il Guelfo Bianco! Where shall i start? The decoration: very warm. The furniture: elegant and well selected. The location: perfect, right in the centre! The rooms: very cosy and well functioning. The bed was so comfortable that i wanted to stay in bed all day! The breakfast, what can i say about it? So big selection of everything. There was something to cover all tastes, and everything was so fresh! Above all i loved the people working there. It was not just another smile, they trully wanted us to enjoy ourselves and they helped us a lot: they booked for us tickets for the sites, they organized excursions, and all the suggestions they made for our lunch and dinner, was exactly what we had asked them for. Right on the spot. For sure i will return not only in Florence but also at "Il Guelfo Bianco". Thank you!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends
east coast
Reviewed 10 January 2010

This is a wonderful hotel right in the perfect spot to enjoy Florence. It couldn't be more central to the Duomo and the Uffizzi Gallery and the real David. Breakfast was wonderful and the staff were so kind and helpful. The staff have wonderful language skills, so the fact that i don't speak any Italian was never a problem

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank dbeck2151
Athens
Reviewed 5 January 2010

When me and my friends decided to go to Florence for the new year, i told them that there was no need to look for a hotel. I had already considered it for granted that we were going to stay at "Il Guelfo Bianco". I was there again and I was absolutely sure that my choice was again going to be the correct one. And it was! This time since we were four, we chose the quadruple room. It was the best room I have stayed in. Spacious room, with excellent decoration, overlooking the main street but without any noise. The beds were very confortable and you could "get lost" in between the sheets and the pillows! Another thing was that the breakfast was enriched with biogical products: milk, marmelades. The fruits were fresh every morning. Breakfast at "Il Guelfo Bianco" can satisfy any taste! I was sure that the staff knows the city of Florence in and out, and all the suggestions they made regarding eating in the city were excellent in terms of both taste and prices. Once more I enjoyed my staying there and so did my friends who were happy that they trusted me with the choice: "Il Guelfo Bianco" again and again and again!!!!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends
Ohio
Reviewed 4 January 2010

A friend who stayed at this hotel recommended it. We loved the hotel and will stay there when we return. The staff was very friendly and helpful and made great suggestions and made reservations for us at tours and museums and restaurants. The staff at the front desk were very knowledgeable about the city and the tours and restaurants. The room was very comfortable and roomy enough. The location of the hotel is excellant- about three blocks from the Duomo. The free breakfast every morning was very good. They made reservations for the Accademia, Uffizi and a bus day tour of Tuscany. While I liked the accomodations (good value for the money), the best feature was the great location. We enjoyed walking around Florence. I do not think there was anything about this hotel we did not like.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple