“Great service, great location, great little hotel”
Review of Il Guelfo Bianco

Il Guelfo Bianco
Ranked #31 of 411 Hotels in Florence
South
“Great service, great location, great little hotel”
Reviewed 11 February 2010

Friendly staff and a real passion for the quality of food they serve you at breakfast made this a memorable stay. We were in Florence for business and pleasure; I'd come back to this hotel next time we're in town for any reason.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
New York
Reviewed 11 February 2010

I had the pleasure of studying abroad for 4 months in Florence and this hotel could not have been of better assistance. Throughout the duration of the 4 months, where I lived in Italy and travelled all over Europe, I constantly relied on the hotel for their help. The staff was so ready to lend a hand. Many friends and family members came to visit throughout the semester and stayed at Hotel Guelfo Bianco-so I was a commoner there myself- and every person had been 110% satisfied with their decision for that to be their temporary abode. The style of living in Italy is different from the United States in almost every way possible and the staff at Hotel Guelfo Bianco made for an easy transition; they had answers for everything and were more than compensating for what most hotels in Europe don't normally offer-you need to keep that in mind when you are considering the places you stay when you are going abroad. For example: what they offer for breakfast- they are actually offer more than what Italians normally eat and it is more than any other place will offer to you. When you go abroad you want to stay somewhere that will give you the best experience and the closest understanding of the country's traditions to enable you to grasp their culture as much as possible -but you still want affordable accommodations for all your needs as Americans and what we are used to. Hotel Guelfo Bianco has the best location for you to experience the beautiful, wonderful city of Florence, you cannot have a better location, the staff is incredible and more helpful than most other places in all of Europe. As I began to ease into the idea of calling Florence, Italy my home for 4 months, I really FELT at home whenever I visited Hotel Guelfo Bianco, I was comfortable and cared for. The rooms are spectacular, the staff-I cannot say enough about, it is exceptionally clean in all areas, and like I said the location could not be more perfect and central. Hotel Guelfo Bianco is the place to stay.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
RI
Reviewed 30 January 2010

We stayed at this hotel in Sept 2009 for a quick 2 day detour from a nearby wedding. The hotel is very well located and within walking distance to everything (it is a walking city).

We found our rooms to be very spacious, clean, and comfortable. As others have said, the rooms on the lower floors have a bit of street noise, but it did not really bother us.

The staff were very helpful and friendly. The breakfast buffet was nice but some of the items (such as fruit salad) had an extra surcharge which was a bit odd.

All in all this a nice mid priced option in florence.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 20 January 2010

What a superb hotel Il Guelfo Bianco is! Our family (4 adults) stayed for two weeks in two charming, spacious deluxe double rooms. Rooms are spotlessly clean. All of the staff, without exception, are more than friendly - they actually go out of their way to be helpful. Great restaurant recommendations, organised day trips, breakfast was delicious, the location couldn't be more central to all the sights of Florence - our stay was faultless. And even after two weeks, we didnt want to leave! It's better than wonderful!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
Austria
Reviewed 18 January 2010

Good hotel in excellent location. Clean, quiet, spacious.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
chicago
Reviewed 17 January 2010

This was my husbands 1st trip overseas; not mine, i'd backpacked all over italy w/ my siblings before. That being said, i am used to the hostel life, my hubby not so much. So i was looking for a hotel that would be on the luxurious side. This hotel exceeded expectations. Turns out i was the fussy one.

I work night shift & sleep in late. We had a room on the street and i like to sleep w/ the windows open for fresh air, bad idea. A flock of scooters seemed to wake me every 5 mins. & the car exhaust was faint, but evident. It was only rough like that during "rush hour" - yes, even in Italy there is a little bit of a rush. And even though it was the weekend they were able to switch us to a room in the back for the remaining 2 nights.

Then I got food poisoning (NOT there) & they extended our stay another night. Even though the room we were in was booked for that night, they upgraded those people to a larger room to accommodate me.

The rooms were clean & huge, beds very comfortable & laundry service available. The bathrooms beautifully tiled in bright colors. The food was excellent as was the coffee, the latter I know I am fussy about. I drink my coffee black & if its too old, weak or of poor quality I cant drink it, delicious! There was a wine tasting one night & and olive oli tasting another night. The staff were helpful, especially when i got sick & my poor husband had to maneuver Florence on his own without knowing any Italian. He was already a nervous traveler to begin w/, but the desk service was very helpful in directing him to a restaurant he'd like & to a pharmacy where i was in need of things. Internet was available for a fee & there were work areas just past the lobby as well as newspapers, other reading materials & a bar! Of course its difficult internet reception at times, these are centuries old buildings & wireless cant penetrate. The location cant be beat. Just a 5 minute walk to the duomo, dozens of fine dining establishments & impressive shopping, even though I am NOT a shopper. I cant wait to come back & would recommend this to anyone looking for a beautiful place in this beautiful city.

• Stayed November 2007, travelled as a couple
Rio de Janeiro
Reviewed 13 January 2010

The warm reception, the unexpected upgrade, the cozy and elegant atmosphere of the rooms, the delicious breakfast and the efficient service were highlights of our stay at Il Guelfo Bianco, in Firenze. Centrally located, just two blocks from Acaddemia, Il Duomo, and the Market.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends