I stayed at Il Guelfo Bianco for three nights at the end of my two week trip to Italy, and it was a great way to finish! This is a family-run hotel in an excellent location...less than a 5 minute walk to the Accademia and Duomo and about a 10 minute walk to the Uffizi and train station. The hotel includes a great buffet breakfast and the restaurant Il Desco is a favourite for locals at lunch. The rooms ooze with history and character and I loved the linens and furnishings. The best quality of this charming hotel however is its staff, who are highly attentive, very friendly and treat you like one of the family. I can't wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is right in the city center, between Piazza Duomo and Piazza San Marco , few steps away from Accademia (the museum where you can see the famous DAVID by Michelangelo). It's housed in two late 15th century building next each other. All rooms are different in size and position - executive rooms have a standard size - superior rooms are larger - de luxe and junior suite are very large with a sitting area. We have rooms overlooking the courtyard, gardens and several rooms overlooking Via Cavour which is the main street but 70% pedestrian and so it's not too noisy. All rooms have triple glasses and double windows. WI/FI available in all the rooms and the drawing rooms and it's free of charge if you have your own laptop or i-phone or i-pad. Bistrot restaurant next door "IL DESCO" open every day (12 till 10,30 pm but on Sunday it closes at 3,00 pm) with good menu' all day long (many organic products directly by the owner's farm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Il Guelfo Bianco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il Guelfo Bianco Florence
- Il Guelfo Bianco Hotel Florence