“Don't Stay Here”
Review of Hotel Argentina

Hotel Argentina
Ranked #378 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 28 May 2012

3 star prices for a NO STAR hotel. Stayed 5 nights B&B in room 3.
Shower broken though useable.
TV Did Not work throughout our stay.
Advertised WiFi not available in room nor in Public Areas.
Breakfast was okay & Room was clean but uncomfortable.
Reception staff uninterested in our complaints,saying they were Albanian and everything that was wrong was the fault of the Italians~yes,I remain puzzled!!
Plus points,good location near River Arno and about 10 minutes walk from main rail station and a few minutes more to the Attractions of this Fabulous city.
There are some good restaurants & Bars quite near the hotel.
Had we not paid in advance though an agent,we would have moved to a different hotel.

Room Tip: Look for another hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 May 2012

We arrived to find a smelly room with blood stained sheets. The receptionist was very sorry and assisted us making a call for another hotel. Apologetic and sincere his " hands were tied " regarding a refund which must come thru Expedia.com and hotel.com. I will never use those services again and warn travelers who read this Hotel's reviews. I will never try tonsave money this way. As far as a refund is concerned I will take that to the next level. I have no problem doing that. What motivates me here to write this review is to warn others about a very questionable way of booking rooms. The favorable reviews on this site are not to be trusted.

Room Tip: See the room before you book. If not confirm with a trusted colleague who has stayed there before. D...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Lvig007
Reviewed 29 March 2012

we came to florence for a weekend an we enjoy staying there. the old town, all the churches and the magnificant museums, uh. the hotel we stayed in is the everige hotel in florence it has its charm and its staff was wery kind, the food was not in the everige, but everithing encluded, we enjoy. thanks

Room Tip: the rooms in the south side are the best
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2012

My daughter and I were traveling throughout Europe, booking our hotel or hostel the day before our arrival in a new country or city. The Hotel Argentina (Curtatone - not Curatone, as mentioned in the heading) had an available room, and it turned out to be perfect! Our room was large, very comfortable, and had a bonus feature, in that we could climb out our window to a lovely roof-top balcony. The air-conditioning was wonderful! It didn't matter that the furniture was a little dated - everything was very comfortable, clean, and in working condition. We were thrilled to find an elevator, after climbing flight after flight of stairs throughout the rest of Europe.The staff was wonderfully friendly and helpful, and the location was fabulous! It was central to everything! My only complaint was the horrible contraption (like 3 giant claws) that held the shower curtain. The claws wouldn't stay put and the darn curtain kept wrapping around me while showering. However, that was very minor issue, considering everthing else that did work. For a 3-star hotel, it offered a surprisingly pleasant experience. We would absolutely stay there, again!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 February 2012

We stepped into our room and were hit by a strange old moldy smell. It seemed as if the place hadn't been opened in years! We couldn't access the internet from our room because it was on the far end of the hotel, not near the Hotel Argentina which I guess they bought and connected to Curtatone. We had to sit in the FREEZING breakfast area to access the internet which was very frustrating.

The shower head was on the side wall below the waist so it difficult to wash my hair and keep the shower head from spinning out of control. The bed was lopsided so it felt as if I would roll into my friend at any minute. The front desk attendant told us there would be eggs and meat for breakfast. We decided not to purchase breakfast and of course when we checked it out the next morning, they only had croissants and coffee. That's fine, a normal European breakfast, but please don't lie to your patrons because we are American and expect some sort of sustenance!

I would avoid this place like the plague.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Tiffany M
Reviewed 24 December 2011

I am a frequent traveller and have stayed at many 3star hotels around the world. I have to admit that this was by far one of the worst 3star hotel i've ever stayed.

The furnishing was old, wallpaper ripping apart and i suffered from skin rashes which i believed that came from the blankets despite never suffering from it before.

The room temperature was cozy but became too hot after a while.

Was charged extra 9euros for what the hotel claimed to be tax. I paid on arrival but a few hours later, the receptionist in duty (a different one compared to the one that served me) thought i did not pay the extra 9euros tax which ended up in some investigation between their internal communication.. it was solved in the end.. basically bad communication between staff

The hotel name itself was already confusing as at the time of my booking it was written as Hotel Curatone but when I arrived it was actually Hotel Argentina.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 September 2011

My friend and I just returned home from a 2-week holiday in Italy. We booked Hotel Argentina, Florence for 3 nights in September 2011. Immediately upon arrival, we were greeted with a lovely English speaking lady who answered all of our questions and assisted us to our room. Luckily they do have an elevator for your luggage! We were in room 5 (there are two room 5s) closest to the breakfast room. It was a decent sized room with AC, TV and private bathroom. It was one of the best sleeps I had on my trip. The breakfast room is large and hosts a buffet each morning - one word of caution though. We didn't realize it's not included in the room price. You pay an additional EUR4.00 a day for it but we felt it was worth it. The location is great too, close to the river that leads in to the main central. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends