“Excellent value, clean, friendly and comfortable.”
Review of Hotel Jane

Ranked #199 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 4 August 2012

We stayed at Hotel Jane for a few nights in Florence and were very pleased. Value for the money is excellent .The rooms are typical size and very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was included and had plenty of choices including fresh cappuccinos, cornettos, and fruits. We Took a bus into the city but otherwise you can do it on foot which will take a good 20 minutes. Parking is on the street however we needed to park in a neighboring hotel because we had a large van which cost us about 32 euros per night extra. The front desk was extremely helpful to help us get into Uffizzi and had many helpful tips to navigate the city as well as good local Trattorias near the hotel. Thank you Gianni for your help. We will definetly return on our next trip to Florence.

• Stayed: July 2012
giona64, Responsabile reception at Hotel Jane, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2012

Thank you very much for You wonderful comment! We look forward to welcome you once again to our hotel!
Kind Regards

Reviewed 30 July 2012

This hotel had the frienliest reception.
Rooms were clean, no problems at all.
Breakfast was typical, croissant, coffee, juice and toast.
Hotel is not anything extremely special, but for staying a night or two in Florence, I'd go again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Nice staff and nice room for four. Nice balcony. Although the hotel is a little on the side, it was still within easy reach and a relatively quiet location. We had helpful advice for the public transport to the center of the city. The breakfast was ok, but not very impressive. The breakfast could have some more variety and especially the bread fillings could be added more often. Special reference to the mosquitos that come to the room from somewhere, even if the doors and windows are closed.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2012

We stayed for 4 nights at Hotel Jane in May 2012. Everything in this hotel was absolutely OK and even better. Standard double room we had was enough and comfortable for two, we didn’t feel the lack of space. Bathroom was OK too and the shower cabin was of the normal size. The room and the bathroom were neat and clean. The room service was perfect. The room design was simple, but nice. Our window faced the street, and the view of the opposite buildings was good.
There were only Italian channels on TV, but it was absolutely OK for us, as we watched the movies on our laptop and the news was always available in the Internet. The Internet was fast.
At one night a single mosquito woke me up with its annoying sound and a few bites. After that I understood that the anti-mosquito device lying in the desk may be very useful. Since then we didn’t have problems with mosquitoes.
The map we were given by Lucia upon arrival was very useful, as we’d lost our own map on the first day in Florence. We were very grateful to her for showing us the main attractions of the city on the map and for other useful advice.
The lobby is very cosy, the elevator is very handy with the luggage.
Hotel Jane has got perfect location, we went practically everywhere on foot, except the train station (it’s convenient to use bus, and the taxi to the station was cheap – about 10 Euro or maybe a bit more).
There is practically no traffic near the Hotel at night, the street is very quiet.
The breakfast is OK and sufficient, but not really my type. I don’t like cereals, yoghurt and various bread crisps. The cheese and sausages were tasty. The croissants and other baked goods were not the best in my life, but normal. The coffee for breakfast made in coffee pot was so-so, but I saw that some people ordered coffee from the bar, and I think it must be much better. It was interesting for us to have breakfast outside, exploring nearby cafés.
Planning the trip I slightly hesitated to choose Hotel Jane, as I thought it was a bit cheap, but when we arrived we found it to be much better than we had expected. Hotel Jane is really a great value for money. Next time I would stay there.

2  Thank Yersh
giona64, Responsabile reception at Hotel Jane, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2012

Dear Guest,
thank you so much for your nice review!
We hope to welcoming again to Hotel Jane.

Reviewed 5 June 2012

A clean & friendly hotel in a residential area. Area around hotel seemed to be very safe & was very busy with diners on a Saturday night.
We paid about £60 per night for two nights in this hotel using a well known hotel website.
It was about a 10 - 15 min walk into the the centre. One of the ways into the centre was to walk along the Arno river.
Basic breakfast provided. Hotel had free wi-fi as well as free use of a computer in bar / eating area.
One tip is to try to avoid rooms ending in '9' as these tend to be right next to the old lift.
Shower / bathroom was relatively small but still good value for Florence.

Room Tip: One tip is to try to avoid rooms ending in '9' as these tend to be right next to the old lif...

Dear Guest,
is very nice to received your review.
Thanks for the time that you spent to write this nice comment.
Hope to see you again in the future for a new stay at Hotel Jane.

Reviewed 31 May 2012

I was expecting a very basic double room for the price I paid and have to admit I was pleasantly mistaken. Our room was a decent size for two people with adequate storage space, free air con at our control and free wifi with a strong signal so there were no problems connecting. The bathroom was of a reasonable size but if necessary 2 people could have used it together at a push! If your looking for suite sized rooms then this isn't the hotel for you. The buffet breakfast had more than enough choice for everybody which was constantly topped up. The staff were lovely, always said good morning and at hand should help be required. Reception here is manned 24hrs! Should I ever come to Florence again, I wouldn't hesitate in staying here again. It was a good location for a short walk to the centre or the football stadium. There are shops up the street and the bus stop a block away.

Dear Customer,
we appreciate your comments and we are excited that you can positively remember your stay in Florence.
We wish you all the Best.
The Reception

Reviewed 22 May 2012

This trip was my first ever trip to Florence together with my friends. The hotel is in a perfect location - still central but not where all the hoolabaloo is happening.. almost in a residential area but Centro Toristico is about 10 mins walk. Groceries, restos, shops and cafes are nearby! And if you have had too much credit card damage at the mall and space outlet, Poste Italiani is just 2 blocks away to send your loot back home.

The room is ok to have a good night sleep.
I only have 3 issues 1) TV only has Italian channels though. I wish they would have at least news channels in English. 2)Bathroom is ok until I needed to shower! It was soo small that I can only move around my axis. And on my last day I had to shower in cold cold water because there something went wrong with the heating system. 3) Room walls are soo thin that one night, i was talking on the phone at around 2200H, someone from the other room knocked on the wall above my head to my great surprise!

Good news is...Lucia works from 1400-2100. And she is the lady to talk to! She is the charm of this hotel. Very friendly, speaks perfect English, knows her city well and not to mention beautiful. She has recommended us to a great neighborhood italian restaurant on our first night and on another great great apertivo restobar by the Arno river overlooking Ponte Vecchio. She has also effortlessly arranged for our private trip to the outlet malls and a side trip to Pisa.

Although hotel jane would not be my standard hotel when I travel, there is a very very high probability that I would be a return guest whenever I visit Florence.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends