“Honeymoon Stay”
Review of Hotel Jane

Hotel Jane
Ranked #203 of 409 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I'll start off by saying I have definitely stayed in much worse hotels. I will also say this was our least favorite of the 4 hotels we stayed at on our honeymoon. The location was ok, about a 20-30 minute walk to Ponte Vecchio or the Uffizi Gallery. There was no air conditioning during our stay, so we opened the window 1 night only to find 14 mosquito bites on my back the next morning. The staff was friendly but they spoke the least amount of English and there was a little lost in translation. The breakfast each morning was nice with a good spread of meats and cheeses and pastries. Overall the hotel was simply put...ok. You could do better.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jason S

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Stayed here with friends recently. We were upgraded from economy rooms, so can't comment on other reviews about rooms And bed size. Our rooms were on the first floor and were clean and modern. The bathrooms were clean and fresh and showers were hot. Breakfast was a buffet with good choice, and staff very helpful in keeping things stocked up. It is a walk into town, but there's so much to see that's no real hardship.

The staff on reception were helpful and friendly, wifi was free and signal good, nothing to find fault with!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Bernadette K
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We were given the smallest room in the world. The bathroom was completely unusable. "Shower Cabin" is 40 cm wide and big man could not fit in it. Shower bath only glass partition and never could stand under it. Bathing with bottles. All of 3 m2 have tried to collect: sink, bidet, toilet, shower and stool. Disgusting. Never take economy room in this hotel. Breakfast! It was over at 9:30 h, provided that breakfast should be completed 10.30 h.
The only positive was location - a half-hour walk to the center of Florence. The road to the center passes through pleasant streets. We have managed to park for free, front the hotel, but only because we were lucky.

Room Tip: Never book the Economy Room in this hotel
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mzagorska72
Reviewed 15 September 2013

This hotel is situated in a great area

The hotel staff were all very friendly and helpful. Our room was on the 4th floor and was adequately large in size with a modern bathroom. Breakfast was fantastic.

There are many cafes and bars nearby including supermarkets and also a self laundromat.

My wife and I cannot fault this lovely hotel. Good value for money which means we had more money to use looking around this beautiful city.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank relgar
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I prefer small hotels to the big ones. In the small hotels the reception guys remember you, your room number and your name. Just as it was here in Jane.

Benefits:
- Not many people in the hotel, so it is quiet
- Hotel staff knows and remembers you
- 15 minutes from city center
- Free WiFi
- Free laptop rent

Disanvantages:
- Weird bathroom. In the room 19 the level of the shower is higher than the level of the floor in all other parts of the bathroom. That ended up in water everywhere around after I took a short shower :)
- Tiny walls. Sounds from other rooms were easy to hear. However, because of there were not many people in the hotel, that was not very loud.
- Small rooms. Well, that was not a big deal for me because I booked it just to sleep here at nights. Most of the time I spent walking in beautiful Florence.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank nevada_777
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I booked a 8 day, 4 city tour of Italy using an internet travel agency. The package they put together, on balance, was really good. In particular, three of the four hotels they booked exceeded my expectations. Unfortunately, we ended our trip in Florence with a stay at the Hotel Jane. I was traveling with my college age son. We are two full grown adults, and I am above average in height and weight. Even so, in the first three hotels, the rooms we were booked into were fine. We had to share a bed in two of the first three hotels, but with queen size accommodations, two adults can do that.

Arriving mid-day to Florence, we were shown to our room. It was clearly the smallest room we had been booked into on this trip, but the problem was the bed. To put it delicately, the size of the bed is such that the only way two adults should share it is if they plan to be intimate with each other. It is slightly larger than a twin, but that's it. After vainly trying to find a comfortable arrangement, I went down and asked if we could switch rooms, or even if I could purchase a second room. The place was full (as were two neighboring hotels) so we were stuck. Finally my son just ripped the sheets off the bed and decided to sleep on the floor.

The bathroom is also inadequate. The toilet is flush to the shower stall, requiring you to sit on it diagonally. I thought another reviewer was kidding about that. He wasn't. The boudet, if you wish to use it, is placed partially under the pedastal sink basin, requiring you to lean your torso at a sharp diagonal if you are taller than about 4'2".

Do not stay here in an economy double under any circumstance.

The positives of the hotel are that it was clean, the air conditioning worked very well, the internet signal was strong and reliable. The staff was also very nice; they just are limited in what they can work with. They had our cab waiting for us for a 4:30 a.m. departure, so that was greatly appreciated. The location is also relatively convenient to downtown. I would not call it walking distance in the summer heat, but it isn't bad. You can walk to Michaelangelo Park, which is very nice.

Room Tip: Do not stay in Room 46. Do not accept an economy double unless you are alone.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

Although the decor of the room is a bit dated it is a cool artsy little hotel and the service we recieved was great. It's not that far away from everything but when you've walked around all day it seemed like forever. The rooms are nice and the AC is good. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: August 2013