“You will appreciate Florence more with Adrianna of Florence Custom Tours.”

Florence Custom Tours
Ranked #6 of 140 Food & Drink in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: Florence offers a limitless choice of historically fascinating sites. It is our aim to elicit the city's magic and to present it to you in an original, flexible and entertaining way.We take great pride in customizing our tours to suit you, focusing on whatever might interest you the most. Classic tours and less conventional ones, cooking classes, visiting markets, wine tastings...you name it! Our guides are highly qualified, versatile, friendly and fun
Brownsville, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“You will appreciate Florence more with Adrianna of Florence Custom Tours.”
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I flew into Milan to meet friends there and then took a road trip to Florence. Since neither myself nor my Milanese friends had ever visited Florence, I followed Trip Advisors recommendation and booked a half day tour with Adriana of Florence Custom Tours. I thought it would be helpful to have a guided tour show us some of the more famous spots and that we could then explore on our own from there. This turned out to be a great idea. Adrianna met us at our Hotel, ( Hotel J and J). She is fluent in both English and Italian (to my Italian friend’s total pleasure). Adrianna put the entire group at ease and and proceeded to talk us on a walking tour first to the Academia to see Michelangelo and then on to the Piazza della Signoria. It was obvious that Adrianna really enjoys what she does and is very knowledgeable about Florence. We walked down to the old bridge (Ponte Vecchio). On our way back to the Piazza Della Signoria Adrianna took us to an incredible sandwich place which featured artisan baked breads, meats and cheeses. Trust me, this was nothing like the tourist sandwich shops which are all over Florence. Before Adrianna left, she directed us toward a great gelato place and booked reservations for us for the Ufizzi Gallery for the following day and then gave us an amazing restaurant recommendation for dinner. My folks in my group are experienced travelers and are not the type of people who would typically enjoy a guided tour. However, we all totally enjoyed having Adrianna show us are around and this tour totally made the entire trip much more enjoyable. I would highly recommend this guide and this service.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank SossiMark

Tucson, Arizona
81 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Exceptional Tour of Florence - SO worth the money!”
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Adriana met my husband and me in beautiful Florence in late June to show us around her lovely city. My husband had been to Florence before but this was my first trip to Europe. We were staying in Venice for a few days prior to a cruise and I really wanted to spend a day in Florence. Since we only had one short day to see such a historical and amazing city, we decided to find a tour guide to escort us around the city. Though I am normally a bit "cheap" when it comes to these things, my husband convinced me that this would be the best way to get the most from Florence during our short time. He was SO right!

I am so glad that we hired Adriana! She was well worth the money - which seemed modest in hindsight after our amazing day with her. Adriana began by inquiring as to our interests and then took us on a complete walking tour of Florence including the Uffizi and the Academia (to see David) and much, much, more! She gave us options, answered all of our questions, took us to a nice place for lunch (and didn't charge us for the time we were eating), treated us to gelato at her favorite spot, and gave us just enough history and information about the sites we were seeing to satisfy our curiousity without being boring. Towards the end of the 6 hour tour my husband's ankle was hurting from an old injury and she generously suggested that we end the tour 1 hour early and discounted her fee accordingly.

If you are trying to decide whether or not to hire Florence Custom Tours during your visit to this magical city - do it! It is worth the money and you will not regret it!

Visited June 2012
1 Thank CorgiButtercup
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Time in Florence”
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Spending three hours touring the beautiful city of Florence with Adriana was definitely the highlight of our week in Italy! We learned so much about this incredible city and, best of all, Adriana really involved and engaged our two children, ages 12 and 14. So many wonderful things happened during our tour: we stopped at a delicious gelato shoppe (opening just for us when we got there!), we visited Leonardo Scarpelli's stone mosaic art studio and he gave both children a piece of marble and showed us how he created his incredible creations, we saw Michelangelo's David without waiting in a long queue, and we saw the Mayor of Florence leaving a special holiday celebration at the Duomo. Best of all, Adriana made us feel comfortable and welcome, as though we were walking with a family friend. Adriana's English was meticulous and she was extremely knowledgeable. She was the perfect blend of personable and professional. We were sad when our time with her ended! Fortunately, we have many wonderful memories of Florence because of the time we spent with Adriana.

Visited June 2012
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The real Florence, presented by Adrianna”
Reviewed 26 July 2012

During our stay in Florence my boyfriend surprised me with a private guided, walking tour in Florence. It was an experience to remember.

In the early afternoon of May 5 we were having a coffee while staring at the Duomo. Then he suddenly said to me: “Are you ready for the next part of the programme?”. As he didn’t give me more info about what is happening next I thougth we were going to take some city sightseeing bus. We walked to our hotel where I discovered his surprise – Adrianna was waiting us for a private guided tour.

She met us with smile and made us feel like we were meeting a friend in Florence. What is great about Adrianna is that she is a very good “psychologist” (meeting so many people from different cultures) so my guess is that it took her a couple of minutes to feel the kind of people that we are and to gear the tour to our particular interests.

She had pre-booked tickets for the Academia and thanks to her we were able to skip the long waiting lines so we didn’t waste a minute of the 4-hour tour.

After she made us discover her favorite gelato shop – a hidden gem! (Adri, it’s 30 degrees in London today and I am daydreaming about a cup of that unforgettably tasty Florentine gelato!)

We spend the rest of the tour walking around the city streets. I'm glad we made so as in Florence every piece of rock has its own history and we discovered part of it thanks to Adrianna. She was truly generous with her time, energy and information which allow us to discover places we would never seen as tourists on our own.

PS: Later on the same day there was another surprise for me. My boyfriend took me to dinner at the panoramic restaurant of Westin Excelsior. Just after the main course and before the dessert he pulled out a small leather box and followed the marriage proposal. Now I know that Adrianna recommended him precisely that restaurant :)

Visited May 2012
2 Thank Virginia Y
Denver, Colorado
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“BEST family tour guide!”
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Adriana escorted our family with five children aged 9-20 thru Florence this July.
She is a Florence native who has some American family, and speaks perfect English.
Adri took us to the Uffizi and the Academia - the tour included great explanations, art history lessons, local and Italian history. I have been to both museums before but got so much more out of her explanations. She selected some highlights, and did not burn out the kids with long explanations and kept it fun. She made the reservations (no brain damage!) and was able to move to the head of the lines with her pass. It was a wonderful value.
Between all this Adri mixed in a great lunch spot, city's best gelato, local marbled paper making and a special treat- a studio of precious stone mosaic art.
We saw all the highlights on our day with Adri, and were all sad when it was over- she is a gem!

Visited July 2012