Hotel Orto De Medici
US$283
US$438
US$364
  • Room Service
Hilton Florence Metropole(Florence)(Great Value!)
US$193
US$245
US$215
Orbitz.com
2,348 results
All reviewsgarden roomtrain stationpiazza san marcooverlooking the gardenclassic roombreakfast roomlovely hotelwithin walking distancefirst floorminute walkpollodeluxe roomquiet streetcroissantsmajor sitescentral marketexcellent breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 August 2011

My family enjoyed our stay at Orto De Medici, which was recommended to us by friends. The neighborhood was handy to sights, the train station, a plaza with bus stops and the market. There were several good restaurants nearby that weren't too expensive. The breakfast room gave us lots of choices for food, coffee and juice and a relaxed setting in which to start the day. One day when I was too tired to walk much further I stayed back and read on the shady upper terrace, which was a welcome and tranquil oasis. Having internet access downstairs (two computers) was very helpful and there are pleasant public spaces on the two lower levels. Our rooms were somewhat small and a bit dark but perfectly comfortable, and the bathroom facilities were spacious and clean. We were never troubled by noise from the street or other guests and really enjoyed the sense of peace the hotel offered. Staff at the front desk were helpful and courteous. Nice spot.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
gflorence, Responsabile reception at Hotel Orto De Medici, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2011

Dear Madame,
Thanks a lot for your review! I am pleased to read you enjoyed many features of the hotel, especially the breakfast, which was recently reprogrammed, with more variety of food, new design of the room and a new welcome staff to help you not to quickly find the nicest table for you.
I hope you will have the chance to recommend us when your friends will come to Florence. Thank you.

Reviewed 14 August 2011

We stayed for 5 nights on the deluxe room with garden view. The staff is very helpful and promptly. The room is quite, big and very comfortable. The breadfast is above average because it has much more choice (juice/coffee/expresso/corn flakes/fruits/prosciutto/croissant) than a continental breadfast in America. The only exception is the entrance of the door is a little narrow.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Angel W

Dear Guest, I am very pleased to read your special appreciation for the choice at the breakfast. The breakfast room and the service has been recently renovated and I am pleased to find we found a good way of improving. Thank you!!

Reviewed 14 August 2011

I stayed for 3 weeks, and would definitely recommend this hotel. Everyone was so friendly and welcoming, and always helpful. I studied across the road at the art school so location was extremely convenient. Its a short walk from the Duomo, and many other beautiful attractions Florence has to offer. I stayed in one of the deluxe rooms just off the garden, size was perfect and rooms were clean, bright and well decorated. I enjoyed the continental breakfast on the terrace, and staff were always friendly. I will definitely be coming back here, thanks so much to everyone at the Hotel Orto De Medici for a truly memorable stay!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Printmaker29

Thanks to you for your friendly feedback. I am glad to read you enjoyed the stay in deluxe room. We look forward to seeing you back to Florence, then. Thank you!

Reviewed 9 August 2011

Our extended family (grandparents, parents, and adult children) booked three rooms for a weekend in June. We were very pleasantly surprised by this little gem of a hotel! We had previously spent a week at an incredibly lovely villa in Chianti, so we were expecting a bit of a let down. Not so. After returning our rental car to the airport (forewarned to avoid driving in Florence at all costs), we hailed two taxis ~ think NASCAR drivers on steroids ~ and literally flew to the hotel. After prying my mother-in-law's finger nails out of the back of the seat, we collected our luggage and entered the lobby..... ahhh, air-conditioned serenity, subdued lighting, and a cordial reception; a good start. Even though it was before noon, we were able to check-in to our rooms. Although all were of a decent size, the garden room was by far the superior choice; with upgraded furnishings and amenities. My favorite feature of the Hotel was the interior garden courtyard (with fountain, terraces and lounge chairs with umbrellas), a fantastic respite from the bustling city, just a stones throw away. Great location, a block from San Marco Plaza, and two from Accademia; ten minute walk from the Duomo, and twenty from the Ufittzi. A plethora of restaurants are within an easy walk. As an added surprise/treat, we sat down to breakfast right next to our down-the street-neighbors (had no idea they were in Florence) who bragged that "the Orto" is the ONLY place they stay. Hmmmm, it's a small world after all...

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family

Dear Guest, thanks for your nice review. It was funny to read it. I just don't understand why if you say had a very pleasant stay at the hotel, you liked the garden, the location, the breakfast, then you rate us 4 out of 5 points.. Just curious. Maybe it was a mistake, but the most important this is to read you nice memories of Florence, with a lot of suggestions for next guests. Thank you!

Reviewed 7 August 2011

We stayed here for four nights and had a great time, breakfast was wonderful, all staff were so very helpful with where to go etc.. free internet you cannot go past this hotel also good price

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest, I am very pleased to read your special appreciation for the breakfast. The breakfast room and the service has been recently renovated and I am pleased to find we found a good way of improving. I am also pleased to read how you enjoyed the friendly staff and the free internet service. Thank you!!