“great location”

Hotel Orto De Medici
Ranked #40 of 411 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 13 April 2013

We stayed at Hotel Orto De Medici in March,. The hotel is centrally located to all the main attractions. The Duomo, Ponte Vecchio, The markets and many restaurants. We had a room for 4 with 1 quenn bed and 2 singles. I found the bed to be hard and the pillows even harder, when I asked the front desk they said all the pillows were the same.. Ughhh. Aside from this the hotel was very nice.. The complimentary breakfast was your typical European breakfast with added hard boiled eggs, cereal, yogurt and fruit. It was very good. Our room did have its own safe.. The bathroom was ok it would have been better if the shower had a shower curtain.. I dont understand why they dont.. It is very hard to take a shower and not get water all over the floor, without a curtain.. As well as the privacy factor. no one else could be in the bathroom when one was in the shower... The hotel also didnt have a bar ,in the event you wanted a drink at the end of your day...Over all I would give this hotel a 7. Like I said the location is great, but it could be even better... I think I would try another hotel the next time I visit Florence.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
gflorence, Responsabile reception at Hotel Orto De Medici, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2013

Dear Guest,
We appreciate any types of comments that can help better our service. It is nice to hear glad you enjoyed the breakfast and found the hotel to be in a very convenient place. I'm sorry you did not find the pillows to be very comfortable, we apologize for not substituting it right away. I'd like to apologize also for the shower inconvenience. This year our bar service will start the beginning of May on the outside terrace, however, reception is always available to serve hot drinks on request. Thank you for writing a review.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Orto De Medici

Reviewed 11 April 2013

This is a beautiful hotel, conveniently located in a quiet yet central part of town, but I was given a room in a corner, and when the guests next door trawled their trolleys in at midnight, then started unpacking and chatting away merrily till about one, I felt I really had to let them know I found their conversation rather uninteresting...!
The room itself, however, was nice and clean. As for the bathroom, I would have preferred a proper shower, instead of a square tub with no curtain around it, but that's just a detail.
Great breakfast, with real orange squash!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Catriona07
gflorence, Responsabile reception at Hotel Orto De Medici, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2013

Thank you for writing a review. I personally apologize for the late night inconvenience. However, I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the room and breakfast.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

We had a wonderful stay in Florence at Hotel Orto De Medici. Our daughter was studying abroad there and it was very close to her pensioni. The staff was very helpful and and very eager to please. Thank you for an excellent stay!

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
gflorence, Responsabile reception at Hotel Orto De Medici, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2013

Thanks to you for your review! We hope to see you next time when you will come to visit your daughter again. Grazie

Reviewed 2 April 2013

This hotel was the best we stayed at while in Italy. It is situated very close to the Duomo, the major museums, the food market and many wonderful restaurants. The room was very well maintained, spotless and quiet, and the bathroom was beautiful. Service was very good, and the hotel helped with dinner reservations. We certainly plan to return to this hotel when we travel back to Florence.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

I am so proud to read we were the best hotel you stayed in Italy! Thanks for your appreciations to the location, the room and the hotel staff. I hope you will keep nice memories of this trip to Florence.

Reviewed 29 March 2013

I stayed at Hotel Orto De Medici for 5 days. The room I stayed in was a very large, lovely european style room for a single traveler, reasonably priced for Florence. The rooms are very clean and the hotel is very modern, convenient and in San Marcos within walking distance to the central area. I felt very safe as a female solo traveler walking to and from my hotel at night after having dinner. The other things I enjoyed about the hotel were the free wi-fi, the Mac computers in the lobby for guest to use. There is even a nice library/lounge on the first floor with a large screen t.v. and magazines/books for guest to utilize. The breakfast lounge is good. The staff were all attentive, friendly and professional. There is even a lounge for outside but unfortunately due to the rain I was unable to sit outside. I highly recommend Hotel Orto De Medici to others and you will not be disappointed. Thanks again to the hotel employees of Orto De Medici for your excellent customer service.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
gflorence, Responsabile reception at Hotel Orto De Medici, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2013

Thanks to you for the nice review. It is so glad to read when a client is satisfied and comes back home with lovely memories of the city. We hope to seen you back sometimes to Florence.

Reviewed 29 March 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel for 6 nights. All aspects of the hotel and the services are of a very good quality and excellent value. The staff were WONDERFUL! They provided us with excellent recommendations on restaurants; made phone calls to ensure that we were able to confirm our 2 tours; and exceeeded our expectations. Thank you Ricardo and all of the other staff for making this a spectacular trip! We will return!

Room Tip: We booked our rooms through Venere.com and I do not recall if we had the opportunity to select rooms...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for the feedback. It is great we could even exceed your expectations. I do hope to see you back soon, then.
Grazie

Reviewed 26 March 2013

My wife and I enjoyed staying at this hotel for six days recently. We agree that the next time we come to Florence, we are coming right back to this hotel. The location is quiet, but within a reasonably short walk to the city center. The staff are friendly and very helpful. We found all aspects of the hotel and its services to be of high quality and an excellent value. The hotel and its rooms/furnishings are clearly particular to Florence, which enhanced our experience.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
gflorence, Responsabile reception at Hotel Orto De Medici, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2013

Thank you for writing a great review and all the compliments! They are truly appreciated. We hope to have you back as guests soon.