Hotel Orto De Medici
Hotel Souvenir(Florence)
  • Room Service
Hotel Genesio(Florence)
2,343 results
All reviewsgarden roomtrain stationpiazza san marcooverlooking the gardenclassic roombreakfast roomlovely hotelwithin walking distancefirst floorminute walkpollodeluxe roomquiet streetcroissantsmajor sitescentral marketexcellent breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 April 2013

Spent 3 nights at the Hotel Orto de Medici, and enjoyed it. The room was very large with a nice bathroom. The only complaint was that the room was a bit drab, and could definitely use some updating. But besides that, the hotel was overall great for us. Friendly staff, decent breakfast (got a little old by the 3rd morning, but most do) and great location.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
gflorence, Responsabile reception at Hotel Orto De Medici, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

Thanks for your positive review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We are gradually updating our rooms, so I hope next time you will choose a renovated room. Thank you for sharing your impressions. They are most precious for us and the next travellers.
Francesco Bini.

Reviewed 14 April 2013

My wife daughter and I stayed for a week and found the hotel to be very comfortable and well located for the city sights. We had a triple room on the top floor which had the unexpected bonus of a balcony/roof terrace. The room was generally nicely appointed although it was in need of some high level cleaning and possibly redecoration. The beds, though firm, were comfortable. The hotel while central is not too close to the major traffic routes so external noise was not a problem as it seems to be in some other Firenze hotels. We did suffer some issues with other noisy guests but this is partly due to the preponderance of marble floors and high ceilings - beautiful buildings aren't naturally quiet. Breakfasts were excellent and the staff very knowledgeable and helpful so all-in-all a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TrikeRider3030
gflorence, Direttore generale at Hotel Orto De Medici, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2013

Thank you for your review! All your suggestions are appreciated the most, and we are very pleased to read how you liked the location of the hotel, the breakfast and the staff.
We hope to see you back to Florence sometimes.
Arrivederci.
Francesco Bini.

Reviewed 13 April 2013

We stayed at Hotel Orto De Medici in March,. The hotel is centrally located to all the main attractions. The Duomo, Ponte Vecchio, The markets and many restaurants. We had a room for 4 with 1 quenn bed and 2 singles. I found the bed to be hard and the pillows even harder, when I asked the front desk they said all the pillows were the same.. Ughhh. Aside from this the hotel was very nice.. The complimentary breakfast was your typical European breakfast with added hard boiled eggs, cereal, yogurt and fruit. It was very good. Our room did have its own safe.. The bathroom was ok it would have been better if the shower had a shower curtain.. I dont understand why they dont.. It is very hard to take a shower and not get water all over the floor, without a curtain.. As well as the privacy factor. no one else could be in the bathroom when one was in the shower... The hotel also didnt have a bar ,in the event you wanted a drink at the end of your day...Over all I would give this hotel a 7. Like I said the location is great, but it could be even better... I think I would try another hotel the next time I visit Florence.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
gflorence, Responsabile reception at Hotel Orto De Medici, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2013

Dear Guest,
We appreciate any types of comments that can help better our service. It is nice to hear glad you enjoyed the breakfast and found the hotel to be in a very convenient place. I'm sorry you did not find the pillows to be very comfortable, we apologize for not substituting it right away. I'd like to apologize also for the shower inconvenience. This year our bar service will start the beginning of May on the outside terrace, however, reception is always available to serve hot drinks on request. Thank you for writing a review.
Kind Regards,
Nicki Sciortino

Reviewed 11 April 2013

This is a beautiful hotel, conveniently located in a quiet yet central part of town, but I was given a room in a corner, and when the guests next door trawled their trolleys in at midnight, then started unpacking and chatting away merrily till about one, I felt I really had to let them know I found their conversation rather uninteresting...!
The room itself, however, was nice and clean. As for the bathroom, I would have preferred a proper shower, instead of a square tub with no curtain around it, but that's just a detail.
Great breakfast, with real orange squash!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Catriona07
gflorence, Responsabile reception at Hotel Orto De Medici, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2013

Thank you for writing a review. I personally apologize for the late night inconvenience. However, I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the room and breakfast.
Kind Regards,
Nicki Sciortino

Reviewed 9 April 2013

We had a wonderful stay in Florence at Hotel Orto De Medici. Our daughter was studying abroad there and it was very close to her pensioni. The staff was very helpful and and very eager to please. Thank you for an excellent stay!

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
gflorence, Responsabile reception at Hotel Orto De Medici, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2013

Thanks to you for your review! We hope to see you next time when you will come to visit your daughter again. Grazie
Francesco Bini