“Christmas holidays.”

Hotel Orto De Medici
Ranked #39 of 411 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Perfect stay. The room was very clean but mostly the bathroom. Good breakfast, the was a good variety but the best of all is the staff. The warmth and wishing to help at any doubt. So thank you very much.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
gflorence, Responsabile reception at Hotel Orto De Medici, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Thank you lots for the great review! We hope to have you again as our guest.
Best Regards
Nicki Sciortino

Write a ReviewReviews (2,244)

Reviewed 23 January 2014

Conveniently located small hotel near the train station. Easy walking to everything you want to see in Florence. Beautiful breakfast area with a fabulous view, fresh-squeezed orange juice on the spot, and friendly and helpful staff, but the rooms could use a redo; one of ours had a funky smell.

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms with windows facing the street noise, which only ceases from about midnight to 6...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
gflorence, Responsabile reception at Hotel Orto De Medici, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Dear Manfromma,
thanks for your review. I appreciate you left a positive review about the breakfast and the staff. Actually we are gradually renewing the rooms year by year, this year we will have 3 more brand new!
Hope to welcome you there soon back.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

I stayed at this Hotel in July last year. The location isn’t too bad, depending on what it is you are in Florence to see, but it is likely that from any hotel you should be prepared for plenty of walking. On the positive side most of Florence’s streets are pedestrianized so walking anywhere is not a problem. There is also plenty to see so you tend not to notice the distances.
I found the hotel staff to be extremely friendly and the breakfast on offer was of a good standard. Rooms have air conditioning which is extremely welcome in the hot summer months. My only complaint is that the shower cubicle did not close completely and water easily trickled through the gap on to the bathroom floor. On balance though, a very enjoyable stay in a hotel with nice roof terraces.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rick P
gflorence, Responsabile reception at Hotel Orto De Medici, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

I'm happy to read you had an overall great stay. I apologize for the small maintenance problem. It is however appreciated that our guests let us know about any problems they may have. Yes, we are about a 10 to 20 minute walk from all the main sites, not too bad. I guarantee you will discover many amazing things while walking the streets of Florence. Hope to see you again maybe this summer.
Ciao from Florence!
Nicki Sciortino

Reviewed 13 January 2014

I got a really good rate on this hotel right after New Year's when my previously-booked B&B cancelled my reservation (a company wanted to buy out the entire B&B, so I was left on the street). I was very happy with Orto de Medici, though I do prefer smaller hotels and B&Bs, but the location was good, relatively central, and the rooms were clean and of a good size. I had big problems regulating the thermostat - if I had the heat on at all it became so hot I had to open the window, which let bugs in, but if I changed it even slightly the heat didn't come on at all and it was cold outside! The staff was very courteous and available 24/7, the wifi was strong and the breakfast was nice. The common areas of the hotel are beautiful and on a glance the rooms are as well, but when you look closer little things are broken or worn - a knob here, the corner of a desk there - not a big deal, really, and nothing that affected my stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank justtojess

Thank you for this review. We appreciate how you enjoeyd your stay in Florence, even if you had to change your usual way of travelling. Good memories back home. :-)
Thank you!

Reviewed 2 January 2014

My husband and I had an amazing stay at Hotel Orto de Medici. We visited in May 2013 and stayed 4 nights. Florence is a small, walkable city (especially compared to the others we stayed on our European vacation... London, Paris & Rome). It was a great location. We arrived in Florence around 10pm so we took a taxi from the airport. It was a cheap ride and the driver was fabulous, giving us recommendations of things we should do and places to eat nearby. We arrived at the hotel after a day of traveling and it was so nice. Beautiful lobby and excellent staff working the front desk. Our room was spacious and clean. No view but we didn't care, as we were only in the room to sleep. You get a drink ticket when you arrive as a free Welcome Drink during the happy hour, which was a nice touch. They offer laundry service which was great as we had been traveling over a week by the time we arrived. The front desk made us reservations for restaurants (Il Latini, do it) and were very helpful if we had questions. They were at the desk 24/7 so we felt safe. Beautiful building, I would recommend it to anyone traveling in Florence!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MrsMcD0819
gflorence, Front Office Manager at Hotel Orto De Medici, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear Lars S,
I am pleased to read how you had a nice experience in Florence and ejoyed Hotel Orto de' Medici and its staff.
Thank you for sharing your impressions!

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Nice hotel in the center of Firenze. Serviceminded staff, exellent parking-service for our car, very good. The location of the hotel is perfect for a visit to Firenze. My girlfriend and I was very happy with the hotels facilities.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lars S

Dear MrsMcD0819,
Thanks for the lovely review, so full of pieces of advice for the next travellers! We all enjoyed reading it and I thank you for your kindness. You are always welcome back to Florence.
Grazie!

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Our stay in this Hotel was most enjoyable. The junior suite was quite large enough for our family of 4. The breakfast was substantial, with plenty of choice. It is near to the Accademia, and to the Duoma. I would have liked to have tea / coffee making facilities in the room

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank DaveJenJoburg

Dear DaveJenJoburg,
Thanks for your review. I am glad yiour family enjoyed the Junior Suite room. We have an "infusion bar" in the wintertime, so you can ask for tea/coffee anytime during your stay.
Thank you!