“Huge room, great breakfast!! Decent location”

Hotel Orto De Medici
Ranked #50 of 421 Hotels in Florence
“Huge room, great breakfast!! Decent location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed here on a leg of our honeymoon and were pleased. We got a HUGE room ... I believe they upgraded us. We were greeted by a bottle of chilling champagne and some snacks which was very sweet. The room was gigantic.. complete with a huge walk in closet, huge granite shower, full sized tub, double sinks, big bed, couches, coffee table.. you get the point. This was the size of an American suite and very unusual for Europe. The room was clean but could have used a bit of work ... ie scuff marks all over the white walls. No biggie though. We had a great view of the gardens and the breakfast was great. I wouldn't sit outside thoguh because the pigeons get carried away and will actually land on your plate!!! I had previously stayed closer to the river / city center in Florence which I preferred location-wise as we got a little creeped out one night wandering around the hotel area looking for some gelato.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the gardens!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chelsey S
gflorence, Responsabile reception at Hotel Orto De Medici, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear LoveBird-Travels,
Thanks for your great review! I am glad that your new experience at Florence Orto de Medici Hotel brought you back nice memories, and wish to see you back someday.
Thank you!
Francesco Bini

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Furlong, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

We loved our room. Large, clean and comfortable with a huge bathroom. The garden was a delightful place to relax between our sightseeing activities. Daily breakfast with espresso was perfect way to start the day. Easy to walk to all the important sites in town. Valet parking option for your car is stress free. Would love to come again some day!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear CMackensen,
Thanks for the nice review! I am glad to read how you like the room, the garden, the breakfast and the location. Parking is offered by a partner garage with valet service included and 24 hours keeping care of the car.
Please come back someday, Florence awaits you.
Francesco Bini
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

From the moment you check in, the staff make you feel special. Through out our stay the hotel did everything possible to accommodate our needs. They made sure that dietary needs were met. The staff was always willing to take the time and effort to insure we would enjoy our stay at their hotel. PERFECTO!

• Stayed April 2014
gflorence, Responsabile reception at Hotel Orto De Medici, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Excellent review! I am very happy to read you enjoyed your stay and especially our service. Please do come again.
Ciao from Florence!
Lima
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

We had an excellent experience with my husband. We came to this hotel based on the many good reviews. The room is very nice, simple and very clean! Is very well located and staff so friendly. We had very good breakfast, which was included. Highly recommend!!!

1 Thank Cecilia B
Thank you for the excellent rating and recommending us to futur travelers. I'm happy you enjoyed yourself.
Hamilton, Bermuda
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

The hotel is great, beautifully decorated and presented, the location is excellent too. I stayed on the ground floor in room 70/71 if I recall correctly. We were served a lovely breakfast each morning. Each night my sleep was disturbed numerous times by what I can only describe as a feeling of someone giving me a hard push in the back. I know this might sound a bit far fetched, but it's exactly how it felt. I'm not one to get carried away and so didn't request a room change, although annoying, it was actually fairly interesting. I met my parents in Florence and they stayed in the same hotel, in the room opposite me, my dad said he'd had the same experience as me every night, whilst my mum had slept soundly.

Room Tip: Definitely worth staying in the renovated rooms if you can afford the extra.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
We appreciate your review. I'm sorry you and your father had trouble sleeping. I highly recommend to all our guests to inform the front desk immediately about any inconveniences that may occur during their stay, so we can help and resolve the problem in any way. However, I'm happy to read you did enjoy the breakfast and location.
Beaverton, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

Yes, the location is as good as advertised -- it's just two blocks away from the statue of David and a short walk from the Duomo. The staff is extremely courteous. In fact, without any prompting, they recognized my wife's birthday by leaving a friendly note and treat in our room. Our favorite memory of this hotel was the balcony, and I recommend selecting one these rooms if they're available. Every morning and evening we would sit at that balcony and enjoy the comfortable spring air and views of the Duomo, the church of San Marco and the rolling hills around us. Very relaxing!

1 Thank mvanderzanden
Thank you for the great rating. I'm very happy you enjoyed stay and were very relaxed the Superior room with private balcony. Hope to have you again as our guest.
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

We booked this hotel after looking at a lot in Florence based on the generally good reviews. The first great thing was that we were upgraded to a Junior suite. The bed was comfy, the bathroom was great (nice size of bath) and the sitting area was a great bonus. Our only issue was it was too warm at night. The air-con was not on yet (mid April) so it was either cold at night with the sound of the fountain, or too warm with the window closed. Still a minor issue.
The breakfast was fine. Not quite as great as many state, but filled the gap perfectly well.
At a 10 minute walk from the Duomo, it was not too far away, but also far enough to avoid the night time crowds and noise.
Add to that a couple of pretty good nearby restaurants, and it make this a good location if you want to be away from the busy centre.