We spent three nights here and had the Junior Suite which had frescos on walls/ceilings, the suite opened up to a courtyard. What I can I say about this hotel where do I start,can highly recommend you stay at the Palazzo its location in Florence is central within easy walking distance to attractions and restuarants the check in was very welcoming and efficient. I must say that the concierge service here is outstanding, prior to our arrival we asked about going on a tour of tuscany tailored to areas we wished to visit , the hotel met all of our requirements for this tour and arranged this tour- which was just stunning- nothing is too much trouble for the concierges.
Our suite was large and beatifully furnished the bathroom very spacious and Blvgari toiletries supplied- one can even pick out soaps from samples. Very comfortable king sized bed , nespresso coffee is avaliable 24/7 which is most welcome when returning from shopping.
The breakfast was excellent with a very good choice of foods- they also do an amazingly good fruit salad.
On the rooftop there is a bar with 360 degree views across Florence this is worth visiting if you are interested in obtaining some superb photos across Florence especially at sunset. It is also a very relaxing place to sit and enjoying a drink.
The access into the Junior suite is via a couple of steep steps this may be a problem for people with limitations to mobility. Access to all other areas of the hotel is good, to access the rooftop bar there are a couple of flights of stairs, the lift services the other parts of the hotel.
we thourougly enjoyed our stay here and would highly recommend to anyone wishing stay in Florence.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palazzo Magnani Feroni is an historical home that for over five hundred years has been at the centre of Florence's aristocratic life: one of the oldest dwellings in the San Frediano neighbourhood, it has stood as an important symbol of the city's history and its artistic value. The class of this elegant renaissance palace, evident upon entering, finds its maximum expression in the sumptuous suites and the luxurious hospitality quarters, furnished with candelabra, statues, paintings and frescoes form the '500. Each suite reflects the refinement of the Renaissance style, with the subtle combination of comfort and modern technology and decorated with tasteful antique furnishings and materials originating from the owners' ancestors' antique collection. Spanning between 80- and 120-square meters (860- and 1300- square feet) in size, the 13 suites each comprise a large living room, bedroom(s) and master bathroom(s). Each includes all amenities expected of a five-star luxury hotel, including stereo, satellite television in both the living room and bedroom, internet port and self-regulating air conditioning units. An architectural jewel of the 16th century, the Palazzo Magnani Feroni belongs to the National Register of Historical Monuments of the State of Italy. Detail and ornamentation characterises the building throughout, surprising the wanderer with frescoes, vaulted ceilings and intricate wood-carvings. The Renaissance decor prevails in this palace of traditional Florentine lay-out. Breakfast, for instance, is served in a 160-square meter salon with hand-crafted wood ceilings illuminated by a large original Murano chandelier. In the winter evenings, this salon serves as an intimate, candle-lit Bar, accessible to Palazzo guests and their friends only. The same rules are applicable to the adjoining Billiard Room, as well as to the In-House Gym, so as to assure the guests with absolute privacy. The beautiful Roof-Top Terrace offers a breathtaking view of the city and houses the Palazzo Bar as soon as the temperature permits. Providing 24-hour Reception and Service, the Palazzo Magnani Feroni is run by a staff dedicated to meet your every need with efficiency and discretion, both prior, during and following your stay. Services include reservations to exclusive restaurants, recommendations of typical local eateries and trattorias, coordination of privileged entrance to the city's museums, airport / train station pick-up, private shopping tours, visits to the Ferrari Museum and private, chauffeured excursions to the beautiful Chianti valley. Also, Palazzo guests choose from a selection of CDs, DVD films and soap fragrances for their suite, as well as benefit from private Guides to shopping and restaurants off the beaten path, personally written by the owners of the Palazzo for an "insider's view" of Florence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Palazzo Magnani Feroni reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo Magnani Feroni Florence
- Palazzo Magnani Feroni Hotel Florence