Stayed between 1/21 - 1/24.2014:
My girlfriends and I are still creeped out after our three day stay in this hotel/palace, in one of the most beautiful city in Italy. Upon check in, we were given the Francesca suite, located right above the front desk. The room was dark and gloomy (NOTHING like the photos). The kitchen connects to the second bedroom in the very back. The lighting was extremely dim. We just didn't feel right so we called front desk requesting to change room. We didn't mind waiting an hour to get the new suite. As we were walking to the new suite, passed the front desk, we overheard the staff calling us "Prima Donnas". Wow! we were then charged for the breakfast we thought were included. We had an early tour that morning so we sat for 7minutes at the breakfast room, grabbed an apple pie and ate scrambled eggs. We were not told breakfast was not included in our suite (Carlotta) during check-in, but our girlfriend's suite (a smaller one) had their breakfast included. Made no sense. During check-out, the manager, Francesca, didn't ask how our stay was and if we enjoyed Florence. Needless to say, Palazzo Magnani Feroni was an interesting part to our Europe trip, the palace is very clean, the butlers were well-mannered, the 'lift' was the highlight for us (nice and spooky) but there were no service on the terrace at night as described and the attitude from the manager...no bueno!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palazzo Magnani Feroni is an historical home that for over five hundred years has been at the centre of Florence's aristocratic life: one of the oldest dwellings in the San Frediano neighbourhood, it has stood as an important symbol of the city's history and its artistic value. The class of this elegant renaissance palace, evident upon entering, finds its maximum expression in the sumptuous suites and the luxurious hospitality quarters, furnished with candelabra, statues, paintings and frescoes form the '500. Each suite reflects the refinement of the Renaissance style, with the subtle combination of comfort and modern technology and decorated with tasteful antique furnishings and materials originating from the owners' ancestors' antique collection. Spanning between 80- and 120-square meters (860- and 1300- square feet) in size, the 13 suites each comprise a large living room, bedroom(s) and master bathroom(s). Each includes all amenities expected of a five-star luxury hotel, including stereo, satellite television in both the living room and bedroom, internet port and self-regulating air conditioning units. An architectural jewel of the 16th century, the Palazzo Magnani Feroni belongs to the National Register of Historical Monuments of the State of Italy. Detail and ornamentation characterises the building throughout, surprising the wanderer with frescoes, vaulted ceilings and intricate wood-carvings. The Renaissance decor prevails in this palace of traditional Florentine lay-out. Breakfast, for instance, is served in a 160-square meter salon with hand-crafted wood ceilings illuminated by a large original Murano chandelier. In the winter evenings, this salon serves as an intimate, candle-lit Bar, accessible to Palazzo guests and their friends only. The same rules are applicable to the adjoining Billiard Room, as well as to the In-House Gym, so as to assure the guests with absolute privacy. The beautiful Roof-Top Terrace offers a breathtaking view of the city and houses the Palazzo Bar as soon as the temperature permits. Providing 24-hour Reception and Service, the Palazzo Magnani Feroni is run by a staff dedicated to meet your every need with efficiency and discretion, both prior, during and following your stay. Services include reservations to exclusive restaurants, recommendations of typical local eateries and trattorias, coordination of privileged entrance to the city's museums, airport / train station pick-up, private shopping tours, visits to the Ferrari Museum and private, chauffeured excursions to the beautiful Chianti valley. Also, Palazzo guests choose from a selection of CDs, DVD films and soap fragrances for their suite, as well as benefit from private Guides to shopping and restaurants off the beaten path, personally written by the owners of the Palazzo for an "insider's view" of Florence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Palazzo Magnani Feroni reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo Magnani Feroni Florence
- Palazzo Magnani Feroni Hotel Florence