“Extraordinary luxury hotel”

Palazzo Magnani Feroni
Ranked #21 of 411 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This is a real palace! The hotel is unique in every way. You feel royalty there. I loved every minute of it at the hotel and would love to return there soon. The suites are very big (huge for Europe) with Renaissance style decor in historical building. Staff are amazingly friendly, helpful and welcoming and personable! Roof top bar has great view of Florence day or night and drinks are perfect there.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
PMF-Direction, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Palazzo Magnani Feroni, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dearest Elena,
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, we were thrilled to have you and glad that our efforts and professionalism were appreciated! We do hope to have you back in the near future so until then, ARRIVEDERCI!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,034)

Reviewed 13 April 2014

You could pass before this enormous antique house without noticing it, as it melts into the neighbourhood of ancient residencies.
Once inside you immediately feel the antique hart of the building and furniture beating around you. One can feel that the owners are antiquaries. A more than kind personel warmly welcomes you in this suites only (and only 13 suites) hotel. A VERY old but beautifuul alevator brought us to the second floor.
Opening the door of our suite the room was huge, a big "salon" and the bedroom "en suite", as well as the ceiling, 4-5 meters above your head make you feel like small there.
Stairs starting on our 2d floor bring you (after a serious climb) to a nice roof terrace with amazing vews on a large part of the city and the surrounding hills.
The bedding was more than comfortable, and the room was perfectly clean.
The breakfastroom is wonderfull, with it's autentic breathtaking ancient ceiling.
One remark : the room on the street side are a bit noisy (specially on a saturday night),

Room Tip: ask for a room NOT on the street.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
PMF-Direction, Guest Relations Manager at Palazzo Magnani Feroni, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

We all at Palazzo Magnani Feroni wanted to thank you for your kind feedback! It was a pleasure having you stay with us. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the atmosphere of our antiques mixed to the modern amenities and that this ambience met your approval! We look forward to having you back with us so let me wish you all the best and say ARRIVEDERCI e a PRESTO.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

I recently stayed at the Palazzo Magnani Feroni and it surpassed my expectations. From the beautiful lobby with soothing jazz music in the background to the elegant lift that took me to the floor of my suite it was all perfect. I loved all the small touches such as; choosing your own soap, Bulgari amenities in the bathroom and a lovely collection of CDs to choose from and to enjoy during your stay in your suite.
The rooftop view was amazing and the bar was located in the lobby was moving to the rooftop, the next evening - very romantic! I loved the white glove service at breakfast, at each candle lit table, where you could enjoy a mimosa/bucks fizz with your breakfast if you wished. What I loved most was that the hotel was quiet and relaxed yet, if you needed to be with the hustle and bustle - the city vibe of Florence was right outside the door. This central location makes it a great place to stay and to walk to all the popular sights. Close by are lots of restaurants and bars. Concierge went to lengths to find a nice jazz club for me that I would enjoy as a single person. The staff was excellent, courteous and extremely helpful.
This venue though is definitely best suited for a couple(s) or a group wanting to buy out the hotel. Excellent for honeymoons, birthdays or a quiet getaways.
I can't wait for the next time I am able to stay there. It was an amazing experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dearest Guest,
It’s with true pleasure that we read your feedback and we are happy to know that your stay with us at Palazzo Magnani Feroni was a success. We can’t thank you enough for your kind words which I will share with the entire staff as nothing is more motivating for us than to know that our dedication to our job is appreciated by our guests. We hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future, in the meantime pls accept our warmest GRAZIE!

Reviewed 7 April 2014

We recently stayed here our third visit in two years each time our stay has been Perfect!
The Palazzo is ideally located in Florence and is easy walking distance to local attractions. The Terrace at the Palazzo affords a superb view across Florence, sitting on the terrace enjoying a drink or a meal is a must do during your stay.
Highly recommend booking a stay here, we love the Palazzo!!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
PMF-Direction, Guest Relations Manager at Palazzo Magnani Feroni, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

We know what to say: GRAZIE MILLE for your enthusiasm when writing about Palazzo Magnani Feroni! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you took pleasure in relaxing on our terrace. It’s a lovely spring day and I think I might go up myself and have a drink! I truly hope to be able to welcome you back again in the near future so, ARRIVEDERCI and GRAZIE!

Reviewed 2 April 2014

This all-suite hotel (I believe there are 12 suites in all) is definitely worth the splurge! We were treated like royalty from the moment we walked in. It has all the extras expected -- turn-down service, robes/slippers, two showers, English-speaking reception staff, etc., etc. We had a two-bedroom suite for our family of four (Francesca suite), as well as a large living area and kitchen. There is a rooftop terrace with a beautiful view of the city, and the breakfast buffet was wonderful (including mimosa fixings). The location was within walking distance of the train station and the shopping district. I can't say enough good things about this lovely hotel!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
PMF-Direction, Guest Relations Manager at Palazzo Magnani Feroni, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear Guest,
On behalf of the entire Palazzo Magnani Feroni staff I’d like to thank you for your kind words! We are thrilled to know that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated the professionalism that we put into our job! It was a true pleasure having you stay with us and hope to have you back soon so, A PRESTO we hope!

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I stayed here with my husband for my 40th birthday celebrations. It was five star all the way - could not have been better. Very majestic building, brimming with history. Fabulous frescoed room (we stayed in Smerelda.) The staff were a fantastic mix of being efficient, courteous and helpful all with a friendly and welcoming manner. If you are looking for a romantic get away, this is perfect. If you are looking for a lively hotel with vibrant bar, then this isn't for you. The roof top terrace had fantastic views and the billiards room provided us with entertainment. Would love to return.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your kind words, I will share them with the entire staff as they will be very pleased to see that their work is appreciated by our guests! It was a true joy having you and hope to be able to welcome you back very soon so, ARRIVEDERCI e A PRESTO!

Reviewed 31 March 2014

This is a grand hotel in a wonderful location just opposite the Arno from the main tourist area. I have been to Florence several times and much prefer this location as there are several excellent restaurants and bars nearby which are frequented by many locals (as opposed to just tourists). The street gets very busy on the weekend so if you are sensitive to noise you might ask for a room that faces away from the main street.

The hotel is a literally an old Palace that has been upgraded to a hotel and maintained a decor true to its Renaissance past. It feels much like a museum or an art gallery with marble everywhere, vaulted ceilings, exquisite chandeliers, and cavernous halls. It made me feel like royalty (as did the Bvlgari bath products) but I have read some reviews about the hotel being to "dark" and "cold". If you are looking for a more modern, bright, Morgan's or W-type hotel this isn't for you. It is very old-world and authentic feeling.

The breakfast was excellent with a wide array of choices and eggs cooked to order.

The best part of the hotel though is the rooftop bar. It has an exquisite view of the Boboli Gardens and Pitti Palace side of the Arno (South side) and the wine menu is fantastic with several options from the owner's vineyard. I would wager this is the best view in Florence that does not require climbing the Duomo. All drinks come with a substantial appetizer which changes daily. It ended up being about 15 Euro for a couple glasses of delicious wine and a generous portion of prosciutto and melon with an amazing view at sunset - you can't beat that anywhere in Florence!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
PMF-Direction, Guest Relations Manager at Palazzo Magnani Feroni, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Thank you so much for your kind and thorough comment!
I can't agree more on all you say about Palazzo Magnani Feroni: I still walk through the front gate and I'm overwhelmed by the atmosphere, the sense of history, the feeling of entering a different era, I really truly never get over it! I know that the terrace is a favorite of all, so I will add my bit: Spring has arrived in all its glory and the view of the hills surrounding Florence is incredible at this time not to mention the skyline of our lovely city. Again, please accept our warmest GRAZIE and I hope to be able to welcome you back soon!