“Missing it already!”
Review of Villa Il Mosaico

Villa Il Mosaico
Ranked #33 of 333 Speciality Lodging in Florence
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Me and my partner got back at the weekend from a lovely 4 night stay in florence - I just want to go back now!
The villa il mosaico was a perfect place to stay. Yes it's not in the city centre but we enjoyed the walk into town every day and night taking whatever shortcut we could find was fun- be careful of the zebra crossings though - Italian drivers seem to just ignore them!
We were welcomed by Monica on our first evening - we arrived at about 6.30pm and she had waited for us which was lovely and showed us to our room, the "sansovino" room 2. It was lovely but do NOT stay In this one if you are tall as the ceiling beam comes down quite low and I knocked my head a few times (ouch! Lol) We met Alessandro on our last day (wish we had met him sooner) we didn't travel into the reception much until then as there is so much to do but he was very warm and friendly.
Slept like a log every night as all the walking tires you out but also the bed was soooo comfortable and the villa is in a quiet area and you don't hear much noise - other than the church bells at 8am every morning what a wake up call though!
If I return to florence I will definitely stay again it had everything we needed and wanted
Thank you!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Jacopo D, Direttore at Villa Il Mosaico, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2013

Dear guests,

we should say thank you!

You have been great customers and me too i regret not having had the chance to see more of you..

well, at least that leaves something more to do on your next visit, doesn't it? ;)

take care and hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Found by our Travel Counsellor, Lucy Morgans, for us and we had a great time. As others have said, it seemed a bit far out, not on the main Florence town map given out by the Tourist Office, but it was only about a 20 minute walk to the river and not an issue at all when we were there. Alesandro and Monica couldn't have been more helpful in booking timed tickets for us for the Uffizi and Academia to see David. They also booked taxis for us when it rained. We stayed in the Suzanna studio flat and it was ample. We only used the kettle and fridge, though I'll try to load photo of the sink and "cooker" as not shown on the website. It was all immaculately clean and we appreciated the wifi. One chair wide terrace was sufficient for our welcoming glas of wine. We had the spendid sunset in our direction. We walked everywhere and didn't need to take a tram in Florence. A large supermarket was within 10 minutes to get some fresh milk and fruit. We didn't use the TV but all very modern. I would highly recommend this to all looking for self-catering accommodation in Florence

Room Tip: BIt worried that the studio might be a bit small but it was ample and plenty of storage space
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CharleyLaceyScott

Dear guests,

we are so very pleased with the good outcome of your short holiday!

We are appreciative of your nice comments and thankful for you taking the time to write it.

We are always looking forward to welcome you again.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Alessandro, Alessandro, Alessandro! He needs a raise or something; absolutely went above and beyond to make sure we were okay. The location may seem a bit daunting but it is really close to the city centre. It is our second time in Florence and we had an absolute blast. The room was wonderful with a view of the courtyard. Well appointed and the wifi is strong. We walked everywhere, we did not spend on the tram. We paid for the parking and although it is one spot in the yard it is convenient as hell and secure. Alessandro helped with everything; we had a dead battery in the car and he gave a boost. He walked me to the bakeries close by and showed me around. He even drove us on Sunday Morning to Giorgio (really great place and you should go and have breakfast like a local). It is a family friendly place. As my wife is pregnant with our first I think that this is a location to return to always. Only con is the hair drier. (But that is because my wife's hair is long and the blower is small). That's it. Really, that's it. The restaurants that we are familiar with werean easy 20min walk. He had suggesting for us in case we were tired of the familiar spots. We drove to Greve and Siena he help with directions. The location is nice (not I the centre)but safe and secure. We felt like a local and if that is not enough Alessandro made us feel like family. That is what you want on holiday/vacation. We will return. Thank you Villa Il Mosaico. A big thank you to Alessandro. Grazie Mille

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Jacopo D, Direttore at Villa Il Mosaico, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2013

Dearest friends ( how else could I call you?) ,

It's been an authentic pleasure having you here and I am sure there will be more occasions to meet, the world is a small place!.

Thank you so much for the lovely comments which repay me of all efforts

Keep in touch and take care!

Best wishes for your growing family.

I guess next time you'll need a bigger apartment..;)

Kind regards,

Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

I was surprised how nice this was. The reception went out of their way to book is tickets for the Ufuzzi museum and the aperitifs night in the academia museum. The place is clean, rooms are nice and it is only a few mind from the tram line.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Rob_Ireland
Alessandro G, Direttore at Villa Il Mosaico, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your impressions.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcome you again.

With my warmest regards,

Alessandro

Reviewed 12 September 2013

Having arrived at Villa ll Mosaico after travelling from Northern Ireland we were looking forward to our stay. When we attempted to check in we found that we had made a mistake with our dates. Our dates should have been for September, but somehow, I had booked October, my mistake, and unfortunately the villa was full for the dates we should have booked. Monica, Jacobo (I hope this is the correct spelling) and their father, who run the villa, were absolutely terrific and spent the next 1 & 1/2 hours phoning round Florence looking for and negotiating rates on our behalf for alternative accommodation, this they did at their own expense and after hours. We cannot thank them enough and I am sure they would have been perfect hosts had we got to stay with them. The villa which we were invited to look around was beautiful and should we return to Florence in the future, would very much like to stay there. Great people, extremely helpful and beautiful accommodation.
Nigel J

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear ( almost ;) guests,

experience is the name we give to our mistakes..( Oscar Wilde).

Hence, I really hope soon we'll have the pleasure of you experiencing for real our hospitality here.

Looking forward to your next visit.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 25 August 2013

We stayed here for just under a week in august and it was fabulous.
Alessandro was very helpful on arrival sharing local knowledge etc.
The apartment was very nice, clean, tastefully furnished and very big.
Just a few minutes to the tram and the another 10mins on the tram and you are bang in the middle of florence.
Just wished the wifi worked better, travelling with kids who like their gadgets it was a bit frustrating for them. But they really loved the space.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Alessandro G, Direttore at Villa Il Mosaico, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Dear guest,

many thanks for having chosen us and futhermore for taking the time to write this review.

i've taken duly note of the wifi issue and will get it fixed for the next time you'll visit us.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 30 July 2013

We had a beautiful apartment with a livingroom and one bedroom. The rooms are big, really clean and the apartment also has a fully equiped kitchenette. The staff is very friendly and will help you with anything you need.

You can park your car on the street in front of the hotel. On sundays it's free.

You can take the tram to the city. It's only 4 stops. Or you can walk. It's about 20 minutes.

The only thing was the Wifi connection. It didn't work half the time we were there.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank twomore
Alessandro G, Direttore at Villa Il Mosaico, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Thank you so much!

It has been a pleasure having your lovely family here, now you know your way around and so I hope you will drop by again by us.

Alessandro

Also consider these accommodations in or near Florence
San Lorenzo
L'Aranceto Guest House
#35 of 333 in Florence
Villa Il Paradisino
#1 of 5 in Sesto Fiorentino

Been to Villa Il Mosaico? Share your experiences!