“Brilliant!”

Hotel Benvenuti Florence
Ranked #321 of 411 Hotels in Florence
“Brilliant!”
Reviewed 7 June 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights and were so pleased! The location is brilliant, just a 10 minute walk down the road and you are in the main centre. It was just €6 for a taxi from the train station to the hotel. The staff were so friendly and helpful, they gave us a map instructing us of the buses to take, sights to see and places to eat. I would definitely recommend hotel benvenuti to anyone planning a trip to florence.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I had chosen the hotel because I loved the photos on their website. However, although I did initially check into the Hotel Benvenuti, I decided that I could not spend four nights there at 100 euros a night. The room I was given did not resemble the rooms in the photo in the least. The room was really shabby (think room in a fraternity house), not clean (towel shoved in drawer), and smelled bad (mold/bad smell covered with patchouli). The bed was really spongey, and there was no room outside the bed to sit. Since I was planning on staying for four days, I decided that I couldn't stay in this room. The staff was generally very nice and said they'd try to get me another room for the next night, but I really didn't want to pay 100 euros for that room. The owner said that I'd have a hard time finding a room in Florence for such a cheap price, but Hotel Giglio just down the road had a much nicer room (clean, nicely decorated) for only 70 euros, so I stayed there instead.

Room Tip: The photographs of the hotel rooms are misleading. My room looked nothing like the photo.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Jeannie L
Hotelbenvenuti, Owner at Hotel Benvenuti Florence, responded to this review, 13 June 2013
Kind guest

Thanks for giving your opinion even i would have lots of things to say .... Well you know what ? it's alright because i had the chance to read your reviews on Florence and saw that you rated the "dome" 4 on 5 not happy about the inside . The fact that you judge a bit disappointing the dome told me "...no need of reply". Well just about the dome and in art there are concepts that could go a bit over your impressions. There is an history a long history that i invite you to learn ( not through dan brown's books please) 'cause it could truly help you to know why and how things are thought in a certain way.
Take care my friend

Travellers are raving about these Florence hotels

USA
Reviewed 11 May 2013

This was by far the best place we stayed in Italy! Ricardo, Leonardo, and Denise were amazing hosts and were most accommodating! They helped us with every possible question and recommendation and they were right on with everything! The price is very reasonable and it is far enough away from the Duomo that it is quiet, but only a few minutes walk. The rooms are clean and the breakfast very nice. We actually stayed longer in Florence because we loved the people at the Benvenuti!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank BunburyUsa
Heraklion, Greece
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Very good! nice and clean room. The staff was very friendly. We had booked a double room through the hotel site but they upgrade us to a suit double room.They helped us very much by suggesting us sightseeing and places to eat.Breakfast was delicious and fresh!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Hotelbenvenuti, Proprietario at Hotel Benvenuti Florence, responded to this review, 9 April 2013
Kind Melina

Thanks a lot for your good words.
From me and all the staff a big "thank you " and we wish to see you back in Florence soon !
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 5 April 2013

We rented a room for four through an online booking service because of the good reviews.

It was a long walk from the main train station in Florence, especially dragging your suitcase behind you. We were anticipating the hotel would at least be nice based on the reviews. When we went to our room, though, we noticed that the hallway smelled like feces. Not only that, our room did as well.

The hotel staff were kind enough to let us check out after one night, but no matter the service because of the stench there is no way I can give this hotel a good review.

Also, looking back at the picture, I'm shocked by the room we received: the walls were cracked, some of the lightbulbs didn't work, and one of the mattresses was so old that the springs no longer worked in it. The staff did replace it.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Kim_chi3
Hotelbenvenuti, Proprietario at Hotel Benvenuti Florence, responded to this review, 6 April 2013
Kind Kim

I was awaiting for your review and here i am replying .
1st You and your friends arrived and wanted to cancel the night before having seen the room for troubles that have nothing to do with the hotel.

2nd After we informed you that , due to our cancellation policy , this was not possible, you decided to stay

About the distances you told me that on hostelworld.com it was written 10 minutes from the station and it's not ( it clearly says 20 minutes walk from the station ).
Still , even if you were wrong ( and you certainly remember our chat at the reception ), you write about this.

1 on 5 is not the right rating for us, you could have been enough kind and judge us for the way we truly are.

thanks
Chania Town, Greece
Reviewed 3 April 2013

we stayed there for 2 nights and we really enjoyed it! the hotel is located within 20 minutes distance fron the centre of Florence on feet but there is also a bus if you are too tired to walk! The hotel is located in a beatiful old building in a beautiful and very safe area and has a lovely,colourful,warm decoration inside! The staff is extremely helpful and they did everything they could possibly do to satisfy us!They also provided to us maps and many useful information such as places where locals go out and everything they suggested was very nice! The breakfast was rich,complete and tasteful ! I definitely reccomend it!! It was very very nice!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank p0pit0
Boston
Reviewed 19 March 2013

We stayed in a triple room. Room was confortable and clean. There was a slight problem in the bathroom, which although was very clean, had an awful smell every time when the toilet was flushed. I think it had something to do with how sewage works in the historic center of Florence. Hotel is located at the very end of the historic center, 20 minutes walk from major sites. Location is safe, and easily accesible by bus, which runs every 5 minutes. We walked without any problems very late at night. Service at the hotel was friendly, breakfast was pretty good. In general, very good value for money.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family