“Excellent small apartment”
other travellers have booked this property
Kitchen Kitchen
Piazza Santa Croce
Sant'Ambrogio food morning market
Sant'Ambrogio food morning market
Piazza dei Ciompi
Via delle Pinzochere (you see Santa Croce at the end of the street)
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent small apartment”
Reviewed 17 May 2014 for a stay in April 2014
person found this review helpful

This small but comfortable apartment, situated on the top floor of a typical Florentine building, is ideal for one or two people for one or two months. It contains all you need, is close to everything, including the famous, and useful, Mercato Sant' Ambrogio. It is one minute's walk from both the beautiful church of Santa Croce, where Dante and many other historical figures have their monuments, and Casa Buonarotti, the house and now museum once owned by Michelangelo! The owner of the apartment is very friendly and helpful and immediately attentive to any requests or problems you might have. Recommend most highly!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and size.
Liked least: Having to leave!
Travelling group: Solo
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
PeterCanu...
“Incredible location and character apartment.”
Reviewed 16 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014

This place was perfect for my wife and I and we were provided a wealth of information on Florence. Very cosy appartment with the amenities we needed including a small but fully functional kitchen. Would love to go back.

Natacha D
Paris, France
“Pretty little dollhouse in the heart of Florence”
Reviewed 25 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013

I stayed there with my boyfriend in mid-July for 4 nights. I first would like to point out that the owner always answered my questions very quickly before, during and after my trip there. She left me a note on the table with lots of precious pieces of advise. And a bottle of chianti, which was apreciated when we arrived :)
What I really really loved, but then I'm not sure it would please other people, it's that everyhting was made with old things bought in junk shops and was given a new life. There is nothing brand new in this apartment, only little things that the owner must have found a bit everywhere and transformed in order to use them in a particular way.
For instance the kitchen table looks ancient, probably a little desk which is now painted pale red and uses as a table. curtains, pillows, and patchworks are clearly handmade. The kitchen shelves are actually wooden boxes etc. I loved the concept.
However I have also some remarks to make, which are less positive. First, as it was said before, the apartment is situated at the 5th floor of an old building. We did not mind but when we arrived with our luggage we were quite exhausted after that climb! But it keeps you fit during your trip :)
The other problem is that I don't think this apartment is good for two people, it's more a little haven for a single person. Everything is too small for two. Especially the bed, which I think was what I liked least. It's not a standard bed of 140x190 but a much smaller one. The mattress was not of good quality neither. And the room, being very small, without AC, we had to open the windows and use the fan all night. If something had to be changed, it's the bed! Anyway, we were able to sleep together in it of course, but well we are used to have a bit of more space that's all.
The kitchen ustensiles though so pretty are also meant to be used by only one person. It's difficult to cook for two because the frying pans are so tiny!!!!!
We had a problem using the kitchen stove, but a neighbour downstairs gave us matches and then it worked (the spark was supposed to be automatic but a button was switched off).
So, I think I would definitely recommend this pretty nest to a single person, a student or a young fit person. The apartment is so lovely and well located in Florence! I think it's totally possible to live in there if you're a couple but it makes things less comfy.
You have everything you need and more around. We loved the food market few steps away from the apartment, we tried few of the restaurants that the owner advised us to go to and they were very good!
In the bedroom you also have a nice view on the roof of Florence and the duomo!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Boston

Reviewed 12 June 2013 for a stay in April 2013

Australia
Reviewed 29 July 2012 for a stay in July 2012

Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing