Torre Guelfa Hotel
  • Room Service
Hotel Davanzati(Florence)
Hotel Hermitage(Florence)
View Hotel
All reviewstower barponte vecchiotower viewterrace rooma rick steves tourcentury towerdegree view of florenceworth the climbthird floorwine barcanopy bedliving roomunique hoteljunior suiteold buildingbreakfast areabell tower
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 June 2014

The location for this hotel is perfect--right near the Ponte Vecchio and the Piazza della Signoria. The bar on the top of the tower is fabulous. Can't get a better view anywhere. The room was only so-so. Breakfast was included and pretty good.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
TorreGuelfaHotel, Front Office Manager at Torre Guelfa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2014

Dear Susanna72,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about our hotel here on Tripadvisor!
We really appreciate to know you had such a good stay at Torre Guelfa and you enjoyed the views from our Tower Bar, the tallest privately owned building of Florence.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon!!!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed one night at this hotel on our final day in Italy. Our room was an okay size but definitely dated and a bit dark and dingy. We enjoyed the rooftop in the late afternoon and the view of the city is incredible - just wish we had stayed for a cocktail but the World Cup Soccer with Italy playing changed our plans. The bed could definitely be more comfortable but the hotel was quiet and we slept well. As we had a very early flight out we did not get to experience breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear Jane S,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review here on Tripadvisor!
It's really nice for us to know you enjoyed your stay at Torre Guelfa.
We look forward to seeing you again soon in our hotel!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Best location, steps from Ponte Vecchio and the Uffizzi. Totally unique property with a spectacular tower and bar. The room was older and not fancy, and the bathroom was miniscule, but I didn't care. Only problem was the air conditioning. It was not hot when we were there, but the street nearby was so noisy that we would have liked to close the window and run the AC. The hotel mgmt at first couldn't find "the remote" for the AC (i.e. they have only one for the entire hotel? we didn't understand this). So basically we had to keep the window open and deal with the noise.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Moreita,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review here on Tripadvisor!
We really appreciate your kind words about the hotel and the service.
The hotel is located in a pedestrian street with no traffic, in a very quiet part of town. When you asked for the A/C, the hotel staff just had to bring you the remote to your room, because each room has the possibility to control its own temperature. During summertime, when it gets hotter, the A/C remotes are available immediately in every room.
We look forward to welcoming you back again to Torre Guelfa soon!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

This is a wonderful old hotel very near the Ponte Vecchio. I had stayed here on a tour a couple of years ago and remembered it fondly...so when I decided to return to Florence, I decided to revisit this gem. I was not disappointed! The rooms are old and charming, but with modern comforts. We were on the 2nd floor in a room with one bed and a lovely sitting room. The bed was comfortable, and the room was spotlessly clean. The hotel staff is friendly and welcoming and they speak excellent English (which was a plus for me!). The breakfast is delicious and has a good variety of options. One thing which sets this place apart for me is the rooftop bar. It is the highest privately owned spot in the city and the views from up there are amazing! We spent an evening enjoying the view with a glass of wine and it was so lovely and relaxing after a day of walking and sightseeing. I don't know if my travels will ever take me back to Florence, but if they do, I will be staying here again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Ballardga,
Thank you so much for your kind review: we really thank you for taking the time to share your warm words about our hotel here on Tripadvisor!
It's so important for us to get this kind of feedback from our guests, and looking after our guests really makes us proud.
We look forward to seeing you again soon at Torre Guelfa!
Niccolò T.
and all the staff of the Hotel

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Overall I was happy with my stay at the Torre Guelfa.
The view from the rooftop deck was amazing and the location was perfect. The staff were very professional, but too formal for me, I prefer a bit more of a "homey" feel and more personality. The room was small and dark with a small zig-zag shaped bathroom, and the lighting was horrible throughout. Other people I was traveling with had rooms that were much larger and brighter at the same price, so that was really frustrating. I understand that hotels in old buildings have these "quirks", I just wish the more quirky rooms came with a price break! But having said that I would stay there again, mostly because the location was so perfect, but I may be a bit more assertive about which room I am in.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
TorreGuelfaHotel, Responsabile reception at Torre Guelfa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Dear BallardGirl21,
Thank you for sharing your review on Tripadvisor. We appreciate you enjoyed the location and the amazing views from the rooftop terrace. We are sorry you could not enjoy the room; all the rooms of the building are different from each other, and you may have reported this matter to the reception staff: we always care the satisfation of our guests, and we would have been happy to change your room!
We look forward to seeing you back soon to Torre Guelfa, and we trust you will really enjoy your stay again!
Best regards