“Just location nothing more...”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Ferretti

Hotel Ferretti
Ranked #264 of 421 Hotels in Florence
Tbilisi, Georgia
“Just location nothing more...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

It definitely isn't a Hotel. the building is old and everything in the building, doors, furniture, bathroom accessories were too old. Unfortunately I didn't have information about the built bathroom and toilet in the room, that was divided from the room very strangely. Though everything was too old but clean. There was no elevator our room was on the second floor, but the owner helped us and carried our luggage into our room while checking in. We were very glad to him. The only thing I was satisfied with was location, it on the Santa Maria Novela piazza, next to piazza del Duomo, piazza della Reppublica and Tornabuoni street.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Nino A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

We have stayed at this hotel a few times in visits to Florence. It has a great location, and has very reasonable prices. It doesn't pretend to be 5 star - it's cheap and convenient.
The breakfast is ordinary.
Hotel staff are friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: You get what you pay for.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Hypaethral
Godollo, Hungary
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

I stayed there for 4 nights with my boyfriend in July, and this wasn't the worst place where we've been so far, but it was barely worth the price.

The advantages:
- Very good location!!
It was the main reason why we choosed this hotel, this is max 10 minutes walk from the train station and also from the city centre.
- The staff
They were very friendly and helpful, and they can speak English quite well! The most people in Italy, according to my experiences, can't speak English or German at all or just a little bit.

The disadvantages:
- It was noisy!
We could hear the people and cars outside the street and also in the corridor.
- The bed
It was the worst bed where I've ever slept, it was so tough and uncomfortable that I had a pain in my back because of it.
- The value for money
It was an average price in the middle of the summer season, but for the same price we stayed in Rimini at a 3 stars hotel with breakfast included.

So it provides really basic accomodation, the photos are much better than the rooms are actually look like, but for me it wasn't such a big problem.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank t_ancsy91
Vienna, Wien, Austria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

I stayed there for one night. The position is good and price is ok. But internet sometimes doesn't work and my reservation was cancelled once by Hotel due to problem of guarantee. However the young girl staff is really nice and always smile to us and also let us stay in restaurant to wait until our train is coming.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Rome, Italy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

Where do I even start? I completely agree with the review of Isitmonsoon. Me and my boyfriend stayed in this place for almost a week and that was the worst part of our one month eurotrip. Don't get fooled by the picture, the room we were put in was actually just enough for the bed and had a sink that would not drain at all. I have never slept in such bad bed and even though the bed is supposed to be clean, the blanket looked disgusting. Every single day, I woke up around 5am by the noise on the street sometimes drunk people and sometimes city street cleaning trucks. The walls are so thin that you can actually clearly hear people in the next room. I found out that the closet wall which was a piece of thin plywood was the only thing separating the other room from ours. I didn't take the shower more than twice for the whole stay because of how gross the bathroom was. The worst part of the stay is the staff. Mainly there were two adult men at the front desk, Roberto and the other chubbier, short guy. Man I can't tell you which one is worse. The shorter guy is so creepy and would compliment me just because I am a girl. Once I was complaining to him about the internet which was useless at night and he was telling me that there are about 20 college kids staying in the hotel and they are using all these gadgets so it was not working. I told him that it had been like this since the first day and since it is a hotel they should expect a lot of people to use internet and its their problem and they should come up with a solution. They really didn't address that issue at all. In fact, talking to him was a pain because he would give unrelevant justifications to peripheral junk rather than directly addressing my question. I found that to be true for a lot of Italians during my trip but it was particularly bad for this hotel staffs. The same thing with Roberto who looks like he came straight up from some movie where the villain has this smile that still can't hide how dark his inside is. The short guy must have told him about my heated argument regarding the internet, on the day of our checkout, he was very rude to me for no reasons. I told him something like this "We are leaving to have a breakfast for about half an hour and will come back and leave for the airport, you guys are not going to clean the room now are you?" because I had seen the cleaning mop along with bucket of water left on the hallway in front of our room. He replied to me in very sarcastic and rude way with his characteristic evil look saying how can they clean the room while we are still inside. I gave him a very annoyed look and told him that who on earth would think they would clean while we are inside, I was asking after we leave for breakfast since I had already mentioned that. This is kind of the peripheral stuff that they dwindle on and reply to you that I was talking about. Overall, communicating with them was very annoying and always stressful and even though we didn't want to see them everyday, we had to since, we had to leave our keys at the front desk every time we went out. The middle aged lady presumably Roberto's wife was also not at all friendly. I have traveled to a lot of countries in Europe, South America, Asia and North America but this particular stay was the worst and was a rip off in terms of service to money ratio. Me and my boyfriend went there on a conference and we are about to finish our PhDs and I feel like the staff treated us like immature college kids (who seem to be their primary customers). The short guy giving me compliments saying "For you I will ......." when my boyfriend is right there. They made us feel like we couldn't afford a better hotel and thus were complaining for no reasons which was not true because the conference actually paid part of our hotel stay and it looked simple but yet not bad in the pictures. Looks like this hotel is doing business only because, in a city like Florence there are always going to be visitors who would go to this hotel for the first time else I don't know how anybody would return to such a place.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Georgina F
hotelferretti, Proprietario at Hotel Ferretti, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Dear customer,
Reading your comment made ​​me a very sad man, but just reading all that you wrote because I'm not really as you say.
You stayed at our hotel for 9 nights and you never complained about the bed, the noise, the dirty bathroom and for your sink that did not work well, you know how long you would have had to ask for a room change? The only complaint daily which became a nightmare for us was that the internet was not working well, no one stopped you from to seat in our breakfast room on second floor even at 2 in the night where you could work in peace and where the internet signal is stronger, but maybe you thought only to my kindness or that of all our staff that you have changed for something else ....
I remind you that you wanted to book the cheapest room from my official website for budget problems (even part been paid by the organization of the congress). You are a very cold and boring person.
The room that you have booked is the same that you find in the pictures on our website neither more nor less, remember that you have booked a one star hotel.
We can not solve a problem on the Internet line when there was not a problem, I would have to say to all my other clients do not use this service because the "princess" he could not work.
However you do not know us in person so you can not make a judgment on me or the other members of my staff.
I wish you much happiness with your boyfriend, even sadder than you.

Travellers are raving about these Florence hotels

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

The location is good, 10 min walking to the Train Station and nice restaurant. Good for travelers who is on a budget travelling.

It only provides basic accommodation. The building itself is kinda old. It was little bit noisy, keeping on hearing the trucks/cars midnight.

One more thing is they don't provide hot drinking water, not even vending machines/water for sale.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Shushu_Mia
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

This hotel is ideally located nice and close to the main train station as well as close to all the main monuments and there are plenty of delicious restaurants nearby. The hotel itself is basic but comfortable and very good for the budget traveller who doesnt want to share a room with 6 strangers. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean and did the trick. The staff were also very welcoming and helpful.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends