We spend 3 nights at the Alessandra. The location is excellent and we had a three bed family room which was really spacious and comfortable. The breakfast was good and the staff friendly. I would recommend it.More
We spend 3 nights at the Alessandra. The location is excellent and we had a three bed family room which was really spacious and comfortable. The breakfast was good and the staff friendly. I would recommend it.MoreShow less
Well thank you! Delighted that you enjoyed your stay.
Hotel Alessandra provided us an amazing stay in Florence for a few reasons.
1. The staff is remarkable. We stayed at 4 hotels during our trip through Europe, all with helpful/friendly staffs, but hotel Alessandra had the best staff by far. The recommendations for food were thorough, unbiased, and great! The night staff's friendliness was remarkable. Have never felt as welcome and at home at a hotel.
2. The location is perfect. Right in the heart of Florence, yet still quite.
3. Breakfast was great!
4. Rooms were very roomy. Even though seemingly older, the rooms were very clean, and large. We specifically loved the large window opening completely to the beautiful Florence streets outside.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone!
Just the review we needed after the one below! Thank you so much for your very clear picture (in bullet points no less). We love hearing about your point of view.
First off, this is a two star hotel so you get what you pay for. The rooms are small and a bit outdated, especially the bathrooms and bed linens. But, this is centrally located and the staff really made staying here a great experience. Enjoyed our stay!!
Yes we are two star! That's it - just two stars, and so it's right too that the price is coherent with the two stars. We are surprised that you thought our rooms small - we are drowning in space compared to most European any-star hotels! Some guests recently have slept with their bicycles in their rooms during the recent World Road Championships, and we suspect that they had a little turn around the rooms judging by the rubber marks! But we are glad that you enjoyed your stay.
The staff, the owner, the location, all PERFECT! We would come back in a heart beat without hesitation. Very service oriented from the owner to the staff and especially Monti. The location is ideal for Florence to walk and see all the sights. We loved it. Thank you all for a great couple of days.
Our pleasure! We love our great guests so the feeling is mutual. Do come back one day - we would love it.
We loved the Hotel Alessandra, the rooms are large, the location great. Yes, there is a flight of stairs before you get to the elevator but its worth it. Once you meet Monti, you know you are home. We felt so welcome, got great restaurant recommendations and he made reservations for us everywhere we went (even though I told him when he recommended the first restaurant that I had to go look it up on TripAdvisor first!). Left today for Positano and didn't get to say goodbye but when I think of Florence the first thing I'll think of is the Hotel Alessandra and how smart they are to have a great guy like Monti representing them.
We are very proud of Monti and of all our staff (mostly less noisy and effusive than Monti!). We are delighted that it all worked for you - and look forward to another visit. Sooner or later everyone comes back!
+ room size
+ terrace upstairs (small but nice with bell tower view and Internet access)
+ clean (rooms and bathrooms)
+ Monti, at front desk, is fantastic
+ price for what you get
- bed could be softer (personal taste)
- pillows could be better - they might invest in down pillows or 'fake' down pillows
- would prefer if all blankets were encased in sheeting that could be washed for each new guest. I don't like quilts and bed spreads that are not encased. Overall, I think they could invest more in their beds, pillows, and bedding.
An original review and very easy to read. And we did read it. And we did listen. Thank you.