“Lovely hotel with amazing concierge!”
Review of Hotel Alessandra

Hotel Alessandra
Ranked #36 of 412 Hotels in Florence
Hamilton, New Zealand
“Lovely hotel with amazing concierge!”
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay very much - my whole experience of Florence made even better by Monti, quite possibly the world's best concierge! His recommendations sent me to wonderful restaurants - best salad of my life at 4Lions! The hotel was comfortable and the breakfast very good (not so keen on the espresso but I am very picky). My room was attractive and clean and while I am not a fan of separate bathrooms, I loved that I could actually have a bath! Few hotels have space for baths in this part of the world I observe...
It was a short walk to most places and even though Florence was absolutely full of tourists, I managed to see and do what I wanted to. I recommend going first thing in the morning to Uffuzi and definitely booking online for Accademia. David is a must-see!
The hotel balcony is a fabulous little respite from the streets below - overall a great hotel experience and thanks Monti!

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
AndreaGennarini, Owner at Hotel Alessandra, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Monti is a terrible heart-stealer - children and adults alike. And you should know that if you come back in 20 years, he will remember you! Loved reading this review - thank you so much.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We loved our stay at Hotel Alessandra! All the staff were so pleasant and helpful. The location was perfect for walking to most of the sights. Andrea answered many questions through numerous emails prior to our arrival and recommended a wonderful personal tour guide for our day long tour of Florence for the four of us, as well as, arranging a day trip to Sienna and surrounding area for my daughter and myself. I would return to Hotel Alessandra tomorrow if I could!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
What can we say? We are open tomorrow - come back!
Rochester, NY
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The staff or the hotel are marvelous, people we look forward to seeing again. The service was impeccable and the room excellent. The hotel is in a perfect location, within a short walk of the Uffizi, the Ponte Vecchio, the Duomo, and plenty other sites. Honestly, I cannot imagine a better place to stay in Florence.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
What a fabulous phrase " people we look forward to seeing again". How perfect! Thank you.
texas
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I made a point of trying to book inns on our Italy trip that were 1.afforadable 2. close to sights 3. had good trip advisor reviews and 4. were mentioned in at least one travel guide (spent time going through books at B&N.) Alessandra fit this and so so much more. We considered the stairs (there is an elevator folks but you have to push the button) a workout that would enable us to eat our way through Italy. All our inn choices in all cities featured stairs. The fact that we were in a lovely area with the river a block or so away made finding our way home at the end of our days easy and was icing on the cake. While we're talking about the river...you're just a quick 5 or so minute walk (brisk) to Ponte Vecchio bridge...the oldest bridge in Florence. We used the Artviva company for our Florence in a Day and learned the history of the city and it's important treasures. We used Walks of Italy for Rome in a Day and their guides while nice and informative just didn't seem to be having fun at their jobs. WE LOVED ARTVIVA GUIDES!!!!! I even saw a brouchure for their tours at Hotel Alessandra as we were checking out. My review of breakfast is they made a smiling face in my coffee so whatever else happened that day...I started my day with caffine and a smile. The room is lovely and ours opened onto the street below. We were on the top floor I think and street noise didn't bother us. We went out one evening and came back late and pushed the wrong elevator button and went all the way up and when we walked down...the night keeper of the inn had his head out the door just checking to see if all was well.
The bathrooms in all our inns in Italy were small but had everything we needed. This was true of Alessandra. I just think it's important to remember you're visiting another country. If you want what you have in the USA...go find a hotel chain and stay there. If you want total authentic charm and a fabulous experience...stay here...and remember, just push the button and the elevator will come to you. Or use the stairs and eat all you want each and every day of your stay. Thank you Hotel Alessandra.

Room Tip: Our room was just under the rafters ( a climb of a couple of flights of stairs once inside the inn...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you thank you. You made us laugh so much. We love this review - we think it is really us! Great service, great location and some stairs! We are still laughing!
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We are a family of four and we stayed in one of the quad rooms. It didn't have much of a view but it had air conditioning, great WiFi, and comfortable beds. The bathroom was spacious and clean. Every staff member was super friendly and service oriented. The location is ideal. The breakfast was delicious in a charming setting with great service. We will definitely return to the Hotel Alessandra again and would highly recommend it to traveling families.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
AndreaGennarini, Owner at Hotel Alessandra, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Glad that it worked for you. A family of four needs a little space we think, so our big spacious rooms are a great solution. Thanks so much for taking the time to comment here - we do appreciate it.
Florence, Italy
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Great staff who helped out with sorting out car chaos and best places to see and eat. The hotel just fits what you think it should be in an old city like Florence. So close to all the sights, great room and breakfast!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cathy B
Florentine car chaos is an old old story! Our best advice is - don't bring one! Car2Go is now active in Florence, and the train service is great for getting to other cities. But glad we got you sorted on this occasion!
Dubai
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

A very nice place to stay. Small bisiness greatlocation great value and very comfortable room. We took the big room with partial river view and we had an amazing time. Very friendly staff and we would definitly stay there again if we visit florence. Thank you alessandra for the wonderful stay

• Stayed June 2014
Our pleasure! And we hope to do it all again sometime. Join our facebook page and offer up some of your experiences to future guests - they really appreciate it.