I stayed for 5 days/4 nights in Florence. I could not have asked for a nicer hotel.
1) Service - I can't say enough good things about the owners and their staff. Andrea was instrumental with our daily planning - where to go, what to do, recommendations, etc. He arranged for us to see a couple museums (Ufizzi and Accademia) as well. We found it very helpful to have a local person assist us with our day trips in order to accurately predict travel time, time spent at location, etc. Monti was spot-on with restaurant recommendations as well as fun local activities. Most of all, they were incredibly nice, gracious, and really cared about us having a good trip. This is service you only find at smaller places, where the owners interact directly with guests!
2) Location - the absolute best. minutes (rather, just a few steps) away from Ponte Vecchio, Ufizzi gallery, Piazza della Signoria. Florence is a walking city, and Hotel Alessandra has a fantastic location, central to all of the sites. Also, it is located on a small side street off of a major street - so it is quiet at night, but steps away from major thoroughfares. Perfect night was eating gelato while standing on the Ponte Vecchio bridge, overlooking the Arno river, seeing beautiful Florence at night...then being back at the hotel in under 5 minutes!
3) Amenities: Breakfast was great. Wide assortment to fit everyone's eating habits. Never fear Americans, there is standard US-style coffee available. My favorite was the happy-face in the foam of my cappuccino...I looked forward to a great cup of espresso or cappucino every morning.! Room was cute -- sunny, very clean, small safe in room, tv, etc. Basic room with everything one possibly needs. Also, there is Wi-fi available if you bring your computer. Or if you need internet access, you can use the computer in the library room. We sometimes just hung out in the library room in the evening, because the atmosphere was pleasant.
4) Bottom line: when I return to Florence, I will stay at Hotel Alessandra again. I have stayed in 5-star hotels to camping in the backwoods, and the level of genuine, friendly service that we received really made us feel welcome. Andrea, Monti and the rest of the staff made the difference.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our family run hotel is right in the heart of Florence old town - near to the Uffizi Gallery and Ponte Vecchio. Without doubt, Hotel Alessandra is one of the most centrally located hotels in Florence. In this privileged position, Hotel Alessandra offers a home away from home, with our friendly team and extensive knowledge of the local area. The hotel entrance is situated on the second floor of the building. You can reach the reception floor using the lift, small but working fine (in the 1400s buildings hadn't been designed with this in mind!) But please note that there are around 30 steps from the entrance on the street level to the departure of the lift. We very much look forward to seeing you! Andrea and Anna ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Alessandra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.