“Can't wait to go back!”

Ranked #35 of 420 Hotels in Florence
Toronto
“Can't wait to go back!”
Reviewed 13 July 2009

So my posting is a bit old but I just joined this website and love this hotel so much I had to post. It was an absolute treat to stay here and I cannot wait to return. Many of the people my friend and I met in the breakfast room were also return visitors and couldn't imagine staying anywhere else in Florence. The location is fabulous, super close to everything. The rooms are huge and clean. The beds are firm. The breakfast room is big and spacious with a lovely variety each morning. The staff were super friendly. I can't think of a single rotten thing to say.

• Stayed October 2007, travelled with friends
1 Thank England2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
Bellevue,WA
Reviewed 5 July 2009

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Alessandra for our first trip to Florence together. What a relief to have an elevator to bring our bags up and AIR CONDITIONING in the rooms! The staff at the hotel are so sweet, so helpful. Every restaurant they recommended was fantastic, they made our museum reservations for us, and always made our stay feel so warm and welcome. The rooms are huge - by far the largest that we had in our 2 week trip around Italy. Very nice stay, in a very nice part of town. Literally around the corner from the Ponte Vecchio and so close to everything else. There's a terrific wine bar across the street from the hotel - we ended a couple of our evenings there, trying different wine and cheeses and then walking "home". We would definitely stay at Hotel Alessandra again. Wonderful memories and I still smile thinking about their delicious cappuccinos with the smiley faces in the foam.

Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rhea1015
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 1 July 2009

We had read the reviews of several hotels in the area and decided we liked this location best. We guessed totally right. A quiet, beautiful street across from a gallery which provided a gorgeous courtyard view below our room in addition to our view of the skyline with partial view of the Duomo. Very accommodating, made reservations for us for the Uffizi, (a 5 minute walk) enthusiastic help at the front desk with lots of suggestions for places to eat. Bright breakfast room with good breakfast and friendly courteous service.
Our room was spacious with a nice sized bath and very quiet at night. They truly made us feel at home. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FPCPhiladelphia_PA
Hawaii
Reviewed 29 June 2009

We had a great 4-night stay at the Hotel Alessandra in May 2009. It is in the perfect location; on a quiet street but an easy walk to all of the places we wanted to visit while in Florence. It is too far to walk from the train station if you have bags, but you can get there in a 5-minute taxi ride. Andrea and his staff were very warm and went out of their way to be helpful. We had read other reviews, so weren't surprised that we had to haul our suitcases up a flight of stairs to the elevator. We felt it was a good value for the cost (ask about a discount if you pay cash). Our room was nothing fancy but was large, clean and comfortable. The breakfast was fairly simple but fine with us---we loved the cappuccino. We did a lot of research before selecting the Hotel Alessandra, and we made the right choice! If we return to Florence, we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tutucarla
California
Reviewed 29 June 2009

Europe is expensive and the dollar is a mess. I selected the Alessandra based on the many trip advisor reccommendations after looking at many alternatives also on trip adviser. It was absolutely the right choice, and I'd go back for sure. The room was very spacious, the location is unbeatable, and the price was well below what you would normally pay in the area. For suburban Americans (i am one, but have lived abroad a while), the trip from the train station and the walk up to the 2nd Piano (which in this case feels like the fourth floor in a US hotel due to high ceilings..) may be a bit much. Take a cab - it's easy and should be under 10E, For others - it's an easy walk. My 12 yr old and I walked there from the train station with small luggage, following what were excellent directions from the hotel, and had no trouble. The staff speak excellent english, and the breakfast was surprisingly plentiful - again a great value. We used the internet access as well, which was far cheaper than in nicer hotels we stayed at. There is a fantastic wine cafe almost across the street which has gorgeous food and great wine tasting as well. I'll be back as soon as I can.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank bubblescooks
New York
Reviewed 29 June 2009

The owners and staff are wonderful. They are very kind, thoughtful, considerate, and helpful. The breakfasrt is served in a private room with quite a selection of things to eat. Their suggestions for restaurats were always excellent--wonderful local food which is what we wanted. They were extremely helpful to me in making reservations in advance for some museums as well as a tour in the country. The charm and character of the hotel makes it very special too. The rooms are so much larger than others I have been in Italy. This was my fifth time in seven years and I love it. There are some steps to climb to the lift, but they were more than happy to assist me with my luggage. They have always treated me like family which I have never found at any other property. I highly recommend the Hotel Alessandra. The location is excellent too.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank BelloDave
Seattle
Reviewed 27 June 2009

Excellent location. Easily accessible to major points of interest. Many good restaurants in the immediate vicinity. Close to artisan shops and markets. Informative and helpful staff. Would stay here again and will enthusiastically recommend the hotel to friends.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends