“A perfect stay”

Ranked #117 of 411 Hotels in Florence
Tampa, Florida
“A perfect stay”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We were in Italy nearly two weeks, and this hotel was by far our favorite. We stayed for 3 nights, and loved the location (near everything), the room (large and luxurious) and the breakfasts (great selection and service). I hope to return to Florence someday and will remember this hotel for our next stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 August 2014

OK, so you know how sometimes, you arrive at a hotel, and there is some chaos at the front desk, with guests coming and going, checking in and out, kids running around, and as a result, maybe you get assigned the wrong room? Well, that happened to us. Only...

The Bellhop took us up to our room, on the 3rd floor of the hotel, hear the grand staircase. He slid open the door sliding doors, brought our bags down the two or three steps into the room, and showed us an immaculate, gorgeous, high ceilinged corner suite overlooking the square! The suite contained a bedroom with windows on 2 side, a living room, an ample bathroom and toilet. I was really very surprised, as I had only reserved a standard room.

At any rate, we settled in, unpacked, and went out for the day. Returning to the hotel late that night, the desk manager let us know that the room had been assigned to us in error, and that we would likely need to move the next morning. We were disappointed, for course, but really it only seemed fair - we hadn't paid for that suite. And then the big surprise - the night manager started typing on the computer, turned to us and said "I will see what I can do - you can certainly stay in the room tonight and tomorrow night, and if I can juggle things around a little, for the rest of your stay, too. Check with me in the morning."

So, we went up to our suite, thinking we'd have to move at some point, but happy to be able to stay for the 2 nights. The next morning, after a nice breakfast the hotels bright breakfast room, we checked in with the desk manager. "You can stay in the suite" he said with the a big smile. "No extra charge, though my colleagues are very angry with me!". That act of generosity set the tone for our whole stay.

And set a bar which the hotel consistently lived up to throughout the rest of our stay. Breakfasts were good, the hotel was very clean, beds comfortable, and the room quiet at night. The location is very central to everything you'll want to do in Florence. The desk staff was helpful in answering our questions. What more could one want in a hotel? Oh, I know, an absolutely gorgeous rooftop bar! If you stay at the Hotel Tornabuoni Beacci, be sure to go up to the roof; the quiet outdoor bar is a treat, and if the highest level table is available, you'll get a great view of the red rooftops of Florence.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gil D
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I loved the Hotel Tornabuoni Beacci, located in the beautiful sophisticated shopping area of Florence. After a long day of sightseeing in Florence, it felt wonderful to step into our air-conditioned hotel room and relax in comfort. The concierge was extremely helpful in advising me where to find the best dinners in the area. The terrace on the roof was a memory I won't ever forget. Seeing Florence at sunset with a glass of Italian wine really MADE my Italian adventure complete for both me and my girlfriend. We LOOOVVED the terrace and it was a great opportunity to met some interesting travelers from around the world while sipping drinks after a day of sightseeing. I was very pleased with the staff of the hotel and I would definitely recommend a stay at Florence's best hotel...the Hotel Tornabuoni Beacci.

Room Tip: Get a room as close to the roof terrace as possible. Breakfast is served there and it's a wonder...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 31 July 2014

After staying in a small hotel in room, the first thing that struck me was the size of the room. It was absolutely gigantic! Two bathrooms and a very large sitting room in addition to the bedroom. The furnishings in the room were a bit older in style, but it fit the historic nature of the building. The bathrooms were very pretty and clean, and the rooftop garden was gorgeous. The location was great, within walking distance of everything, and it was on a street with a ton of high end stores. My husband was lucky that I didn't have much room in my suitcase. The staff was pleasant and helpful, and the breakfast was very good. This hotel was the highlight of my trip and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

1 Thank nikki9100
Bel Air, Maryland
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This was a great hotel! Centrally located and close to all the major sites. Rooms were very spacious and loved the building structure. Breakfast was fantastic, large variety of food. I would stay here again!

1 Thank Debbie P
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This is the best choice for anyone who wants old world charm for a reasonable price. Delightful rooms, full of good furniture, character and elegance. Excellent location in the city. Marvellous views from the terrace. Very good staff, attentive and helpful. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 26 July 2014

It's right in the heart of where you want to be in Florence. The really nice shops are right down the block. The Statue of Justice is right there in the square along with singers, dancers and musical players. You can walk everywhere you need to go.

The room is on the small side but comfortable. You can see the piazza and beyond when you look out the window. The view at night is very beautiful.

The rooftop gardens and dinning is really what we loved the most about this hotel.

If you are looking for new, shinny and modern, we suggest you find another hotel. This is old world but still classy and charming.

As an added bonus, we discovered our favorite restaurant in the entire world called, Oliviero right down the street (who knew?). Tell Gessippee that Jeff and Kathy from Santa Barbara, CA sent you. We promised him we'd send lots of customers (not that they need more customers). See our restaurant review.

Great hotel, nice staff. We would recommend this hotel and would come back again.

Room Tip: We had room 404 and it was perfect for our needs. Yes, it's on the street and at night it is lou...
1 Thank kagey805