I don't know if there are a completely different tier of rooms at this hotel, but the room we stayed in was not pleasant. First off, it was in dire need of a paint job - the walls were dirty and had the scuffs of many years of abuse. The shower had a faucet directly under a non-adjustable shower head, so you couldn't shower without a piece of metal sticking into your back. The bed was beyond uncomfortable, which I come to expect in Europe. And there was no climate control at all - the room was disgustingly humid. Add to that the fact that the screens wouldn't open and close to operate the shutters, and you have one pretty bad room.
Then there's the service. Or lack thereof. We checked in and were informed that we had to bring our own bags up because he didn't have anyone available. But oddly enough, when checking out, we still had to bring our bags down despite there actually being someone in our room who could have done it! How does this hotel earn four stars with no bell service??
The only good things about the hotel are the relative location to many of the attractions in Florence and the lovely roof deck, which we only found out about on our last night, since no one at the hotel bothered to tell us of the amenities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bechi Family is happy to welcome you to the site of the Hotel Tornabuoni Beacci to discover this charming hotel which is located in two Renaissance palaces, the Palazzo Minerbetti and the Palazzo Strozzi del Poeta, on one of Florence’s most elegant shopping streets and close to the monuments which have made this city famous the world over. The Hotel Tornabuoni Beacci with its heirloom furnishings, refined elegance and modern comforts is a charming and enchanting location on Florence’s most elegant shopping street, the Via de’ Tornabuoni. The hotel consists of two Renaissance palaces, the Palazzo Minerbetti and the Palazzo Strozzi del Poeta, two unique buildings in the heart of Florence’s artistic and historical centre, close to the Ponte Vecchio bridge, the Uffizi Art Gallery and the Basilica di Santa Maria del Fiore with Brunelleschi’s famous dome and Giotto’s belfry. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Tornabuoni Beacci reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beacci Tornabuoni Hotel Florence
- Beacci Tornabuoni Florence