All reviewsvia cavourpastriesfirst floorminute walknice breakfastsmall liftcontinental breakfasthigh ceilingsvisiting florencemarcoduomoluggagelucasightsshutters
Reviewed 1 January 2013

Hotel Giglio was an excellent place to stay. I stayed here for two nights and from the time I checked in to the time I checked out I felt very welcome in this hotel. Marco helped with my bags and even made me a cappuccino! The room I had was very spacious and breakfast was delicious, so much to choose from. It was not a far walk to the Duomo and other sights in Florence. I like to walk so everything seemed close to me. The staff was so helpful and even made excellent suggestions on where to eat in the neighborhood. The most helpful part was when I had to pick up my rental car. Marco offered to drop me off at the rental car place. I was worried on where to park my car once I picked it up and it was so convenient that he dropped me off at the rental car agency. Thank you Hotel Giglio for starting my vacation off right!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 November 2012

This is a wonderful place to stay. The staff could not be more helpful and it is really close to many interesting sights.Breakfast was good also. Rooms nice and clean. It seems to be a part of town where there are a lot of students, so nights can get a bit loud....oh well, I was young once! Stay here!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank noprideMo
Reviewed 24 November 2012

We stayed for 2 nights with my parents and my sister. We were welcomed by the hosts upon arrival and our room was ready even though it was only 11:00am. There was a small elevator on the far right hand corner on the ground floor for sending your luggage up to the 1/F reception. The room was spacious (we stayed in a quad room), breakfast was sufficient, generous and wifi was free! Only 5 minutes away from Academia and the Duomo was a further 5 minutes walk. The hosts and staff were helpful and friendly. I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone who visits Florence.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask for rooms with terra cotta floors instead of hard wood floors. There was a step up to the bathroom in the room that I stayed so be careful when visiting the loo at night.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Mandy H
Reviewed 24 October 2012

My husband and I stayed here in October 2012 along with our 18 month old daughter. We had a wonderful stay. The staff is fantastic. The minute we arrived, Marco helped with our bags, offered us bottled water, and let me borrow his phone to make a local call to a friend of mine. The breakfast that is included is also a huge plus - it's fantastic - cereals, coffee, eggs, cheese, meats, yogurt, fresh fruit, etc. The hotel also has a nice collection of DVDs that you can borrow to watch (it was nice to watch something in English for a change) as well as quite a few toys and board games that entertained our daughter. The location is also excellent. It's a short walk to where all the attractions are, but enough of a distance away from the touristy areas that it was very quiet at night. I highly recommend Hotel Giglio!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank menxit
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Friendly service, good ammenities, clean spacious rooms and an ample breakfast spread. While it wasn't directly in the heart of the city, it wasn't a far walk to the sites either. They even offered us a complimentary ride to the train station, which earned this hotel a 5 rating.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family