“Central and Quiet”
Review of Galileo Hotel

Galileo Hotel
Ranked #221 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We were checked in nice and quickly and found that our room was very spacious. It even had a small 2 seater couch in the corner! The rooms were quiet and we didn't have any issues with the air conditioner. The shower though was barely a shower, it was more of a tap dribbling. It definitely wasn't the best shower I've ever had. Luckily, staying in Summer and being hot you can put up with minimal water. But if I was staying in winter, it would be a very cold shower.

The hotel is very close to the train station and a 10 minute walk into the centre of Florence.

The check in staff were polite and very helpful. Breakfast was minimal and they some how ran out of forks very quickly.

Nice quiet hotel to use as a base for exploring the city.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank bluechilli8

Reviewed 7 September 2013

The owner turned off the AC at midnight and we had to beg for it to be turned on before the regular time of 6 AM.

We also had to request that our linen be changed, they did not have mattresses covers for the bed.

Our first room was so bad( the toilet came within an inch of the wall so that we had to climb over it to get to the shower. They did give us another room since we were staying for an extended period.

The staff was great.

We booked through Avanti and never had a problem until this time.

The hotel was run on the cheap and it was not a cheap place to stay. We were not familiar with Florence and the staff was accommodating so we thought it better to stay where we were.

There was also a lot of noise.

Room Tip: Check it out before you go. We did that but were unfortunately fooled.
Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dorothy B
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I stayed here in early September for 4 nights and would definitely stay here again. The staff were all extremely friendly, spoke good English and very helpful when Air France misplaced then destroyed my luggage. Breakfast was perfectly fine, if you want a hot breakfast go to an american chain and pay a fortune. Rooms weren't huge but again, by European standards not tiny, and my bathroom was fine. The hotel is very close to the train station and the central market, and no more than 15 minutes walk to all major attractions. If you don't like walking, don't come to Florence!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank 787jom
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Stayed a week, but wish it was more, a family run business with really happy helpful staff. After staying in 8 hotels on a tour, it was a refreshing change to meet such polite people. Excellent location only 5 mins from station, 2 mins from the biggest market & all attractions. Small hotel but great personal service. We would definitely be happy to stay there again, as the price was also away affordable.

Room Tip: Ask for what you need first.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

We were warmly greeted by the wonderful staff! They helped us find great places to eat and where to find the best bags and shoes! Close to the train station and central for all the great attractions. Great wifi, friendly staff and wonderful service! I highly recommend staying at rhe Galileo Hotel ;)

Reviewed 28 August 2013

I selected the hotel based upon a recommendation in Rick Steves' guidebook. It is only a 5 minute walk from the train station (although the sidewalk is narrow) so the location is great. The room was large based upon any standard. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was spartan. The price was very reasonable so overall, I would strongly encourage you to consider this hotel when you visit Florence.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank CJ C
Reviewed 19 August 2013

It was my second visit to Firenze and I chose Galileo hotel again because of great location and service. The location is so perfect(close to train station and to the city center) that I could go every place by walking! The size of room and bed was enough for me. Also the room was quiet at night so I could take a good rest.The air conditioning worked well. It provided clean bathroom and new towels during my stay.

The staff was super nice. They explained famous places in Firenze wih a map and recommended some great restaurants near hotel.
I could use free Wifi in my room but it worked better in the lobby. The lobby had a calm atmosphere. Also I liked the furniture and pictures hung on the walls. In the morning they offer good continental breakfast too.
Overall, I could relax and enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo