Good-ish location. Just don't go up to the park 1/2 a block away. You'll come across seedy people taking pharmaceuticals and drinking.
- The old Italian guy makes you feel like you should leave as soon as you enter. The Asian immigrant workers were much more hospitable though.
- It's free witch is great. Can you use it to load anything? Nope. Can't even stream a basic audio file on YouTube. (I was staying in 103, it's about 3 M away from front desk wall to wall).
- Went a full day with no toilet paper, the 2 glasses I had were left in the room, even though they decided they would make the beds. Once the glasses were finally washed, it looked as if they had rinsed them with cold water and wiped them with my towel. Reception claimed that "sometimes the dish washer doesn't do so well". Nice.
- Quite comfortable, considering you're laying on such a narrow surface that you feel like you're about to roll off even though you hardly moved.
Anyway. Sure, stay here. Just don't expect much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An elegant nineteenth-century building in the heart of an ancient city: among the hotels in Florence, Hotel Galileo welcomes guests into a calm and elegant environment, furnished in the best Tuscan-style tradition. You will have a pleasant stay or holiday in the city with all preferred comforts, surrounded by exquisite, authentic Florentine workmanship. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, HostelWorld, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Galileo Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Galileo Hotel Florence