“Never Stay Here - Ever. No matter what.”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Boston

Hotel Boston
Ranked #162 of 421 Hotels in Florence
San Diego, California
“Never Stay Here - Ever. No matter what.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

I cannot believe I'm still here. We checked in this afternoon and I immediately should have pulled the rip cord based on appearance alone. We have just come from cinque terre where we paid the same amount and stayed in beautiful pensione's with the equivalent of 20e breakfasts', for free. Regardless, we wanted to come to Florence for two nights. I got caught up in the excitement of just getting here, feeling that I had been successful at booking so far. Dead wrong. First and foremost, there's essentially a massacre in our room as we speak. No less than 10, but perhaps closer to 15 mosquitos have been annihilated by yours truly. You might think, well maybe they dont know there's a mosquito problem. And I would say, fair enough, except there's a plug-in mosquito repellent (worthless) and approximately 5-7 other dead mosquitos on walls that were not my doing. Sick. Also, when we came back from dinner I mentioned to the front desk gal about the mosquito problem. She wasnt able to communicate so instead came back with another repellent. They absolutely knew this is an issue.

the air conditioner is really just a fan that leaks water.

the shower might as well just be in the center of the room and not have a shower curtain.

the bed ...excuse me, just had to get up and kill another mosquito. the bed is fine. who cares, its 90 degrees (F) in the room... we will be checking out first thing in the am. this is beyond disappointing and I sincerely believe this is both accurate and descriptive enough to highly highly highly encourage anyon ...(literally just killed another one just sitting on the desk in front of me ) as i was saying, i highly encourage anyone to bypass this booking.

Trust me. It's a dogsh%t property - you can find same or better deals elsewhere. Typically I go all in for location, but this was an atrocious decision with this property.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank ryandanz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Travellers also viewed these Florence hotels
Corte dei Medici
#93 of 421 in Florence
Hotel Kursaal Ausonia
Hotel Kursaal Ausonia
#121 of 421 in Florence

Been to Hotel Boston? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Boston

Property: Hotel Boston
Address: Via Guelfa 68, 50129, Florence, Italy
Region: Italy > Tuscany > Province of Florence > Florence > San Lorenzo
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Suites
Ranked #162 of 421 Hotels in Florence
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:3 star — Hotel Boston 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Boston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.