“Rip Off”

Ranked #78 of 422 Hotels in Florence
Constanta, Romania
“Rip Off”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

The price itself isn't high, but you will find better hotels nearby, a little closer to the Duomo that offer inside parking. First, the parking tax is about 22 euros daily, which we already knew, but I think it will be helpful for others to know. The rooms are not so bad, the heating works, but the bathroom needs attention and WAY better cleaning. There is a tourist tax you will be asked to pay, of around 4 euros per person, or something like that. The breakfast is bad; you would bettee buy something from the supermarket on the same street. And some of the reception staff are very unfriendly. We expected Florence to have more things to see, but in the end we decided to leave 1 night earlier( we announced soon enough-one day before) and the reception clerk told us that we will have to pay extra 20 euros per night, while the hotel was empty. Thankfully, the other guy that was there in the morning told us that there is no problem about it. And so we did. Just avoid this one, there are plenty of others.

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank Ramona D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2014

This hotel is in a great location-only a few minutes walk from the train station and most of the major attractions. The staff were so helpful and friendly. They made excellent reccommendations on where to eat and helped us plan a daytrip to Pisa & Lucca. The hotel itself has a lovely homely feel to it and our room was comfortable and spacious. Couldn't fault it really!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank KDG84
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 11 February 2014

It's hard to blame a hotel for jet lag, but.... as soon as my bride turned the door key to escape for a non-en-suite bathroom visit at 3a.m., thus ended our night of sleep. How to while away those wee morning hours, indeed? We do regret not spending 10euro extra per night to acquire a room with ensuite loo. The hotel staff were exceedingly friendly, and made custom coffees for us at breakfast; though the morning victuals themselves left something to be desired -- fruit underripe and eggs smelling overly sulphuric (read: overcooked). We could hardly, however, complain about the location. steps away from the train station and a short walk way from the Mercato, Duomo and pretty much everything else.

Room Tip: with the loudness of the door keys, audible down the hall, if you're a nocturnal lavatory visito...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lewis_Noam
Ankara, Turkey
Reviewed 10 February 2014

It a 3-4 min. walk from train station so it was good to reach the hotel with the luggages.
The staff was so helpful, they recommended good places to eat and visit.
The breakfast was the best in Italy.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Banu Z
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 28 January 2014

The wife and I stayed here for 3 nights and had the time of our lives! Coming back to this beautiful, clean, welcoming hotel was a highlight. I loved th location not at all far from the train and the staff seemed to like their jobs (!). Great spot, great value, we miss it. :-(

FYI, we stayed here in April of 2010.

Room Tip: We loved this hotel and Florence in general... they were fantastic! I don't recall and swimming...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
San Diego, California
Reviewed 25 January 2014

We felt very safe and comfortable here. Having to be buzzed in at the door made us feel that no one could wander in that did not belong. We were traveling with our 20 year old daughter (who is studying abroad in Florence) and it was great that she actually had a small single room that ajoined with our double room. I imagine it is a room used for single travelers. Each room had a desk and plenty of room for storage. The bathroom was fine with excellent hot water pressure. The common areas were very comfortable with many books that you could browse through...I came home with many Italian recipes I copied out of one! The staff was very friendly and breakfast was very good. The location was perfect for us, near the train station. There is an Italian restaurant down the street (I don't remember the name), it was incredibly good and inexpensive. My daughter has since taken some of her school friends there and they love it! Definitely would stay here again if we make it back to Florence.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank JudyV1106
San Diego, California
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Pros: Location, service, cleanliness, wifi, social spaces, secure, personal touches, ambiance

Cons: Not many at all. A couple of the personnel working there aren't too friendly but most are super friendly, checking in 45 minutes prior to official check-in was not allowed, and on my second morning I had a cold water shower but it eventually turned hot. Lastly, in email communications/confirmation they spelled my name wrong which one letter makes it an entirely different name. I had to write to confirm my reservation was under the correct name as I used a credit card with my correct name.

I really, really wanted to give this establishment a 5 star rating. I have reviewed over 100 hotels around the world and very few get five stars, an indicator of near perfection. I am giving them 4 stars but it should be 4.5 stars (Tripadvisor does not allow this)

Let me start by saying the people working here are so helpful and bend over backwards to make sure you feel at home. This is more like a Bed and Breakfast rather than a hotel. A few of the personal touches I was surprised at. First was upon check-in on New Years Eve, there was a free bottle of champagne waiting in the room. The second was that it was my birthday and they offered a free breakfast which unfortunately I didn't take as I was somewhat under the weather on New Year's day. These personal touches were amazing. I also had a light bulb out and the guy immediately tried to get things worked out with it. The woman in the morning never said hello or anything after passing her three times. Maybe just not friendly natured.
Location: Perfect. It is far enough from the train station, but close enough where you don't have to worry about noise. It is literally a five minute walk from the train station. Downstairs there is a separate café that serves great coffee and pastries. Walking to attractions is perfect as they are generally nearby.

WiFi: Free and excellent in-room.

Cleanliness: No complaints whatsoever. I found the place to be very clean in personal and public spaces.

Social Spaces: Very nicely done. The ambiance from the lighting to the music to the color schemes were second to none.

Security: Very good. Guests must be buzzed in.

Check-In: Very quick/efficient but don't arrive early and if your train does arrive early they will hold your bags (they even put them in my room when I returned to complete check-in)

Personnel: The second and third shift personnel bent over backwards in regards to helpfulness. I cannot stress how impressed I was with them. Even though the day shift guy isn't the nicest, when relative to the industry overall he was really accommodating and friendly.
Room: My room was very tiny but then I am a solo traveler. I usually put down two people as staying in a room to skirt the problem of usually getting a "single" sized room. It met my needs though. The heat is controlled, the windows open, and the bathroom even has a very tiny balcony albeit without a view. The bed was very comfortable. There were plenty of sockets for recharging electronics. The safe was too small for my small laptop but I had no problem with that as I really felt comfortable and trusting leaving it in the closet. The bathroom had a towel warmer which I love. There is a small TV but I don't watch TV so not sure how good it works. Clean, clean, clean.

Again, I wish I could give it 5 stars but couldn't due to minor areas of concern. Would I stay here again? Absolutely.

Room Tip: I had a very tiny room, number 2, so if you are a larger person or if there is more than one of you...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo