I would NOT recommend this hotel, pros and cons below.
2. Close to the station
1. Dismissive staff, not helpful at all. Everytime we asked a question it was a one word answer with no eye contact
2. Poor breakfast. Quality of the food was not good compared to the rest of the trip. Poor selection for people with allergies. No gluten free options.
3. You could hear everything in the room! We were woken up constantly. We could even hear other people take showers. We did not want to bother to ask to change rooms as it seems other rooms had the same problem.
4. On our last morning at around 8am we were woken (again, by this time we were used to it! ) as we heard screaming and banging from the hallway which did not stop. My girlfriend went out in her pajamas and we found a housekeeper stuck in the lift. My girlfriend stayed there as I got dressed in the room to get reception. As I was getting dressed two hotel staff members came, they did not even say thank you to us or sorry for the noise.
5. When we checked out my girlfriend payed the city tax 32 Euro. We gave the receptionist 52 Euro and he gave her a receipt back but to our recollection we did not get any change (who knows maybe he did by this point we were so sleep deprived!). The problem was more so the receptionists attitude, little did they know my girlfriend speaks fluent Italian and over heard them complaining about her. So we left just wanting to get out by this point.
I would recommend staying at the Astoria, much better service!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), ACCOR, Odigeo, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Hotel Club Florence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Florence