The location is very good, the lady receptionist is very helpful and friendly (THE ONLY ONE) even though she immediately told us the room would be ready at 2PM without checking anything (the standard check-in time) as we arrived around 11AM. We came back around 13:45, seat in the small lobby next to the reception (it was only us) and she was pretending not to see us than I had to ask if the room was ready…. And it was! .Our bathroom was clean. They don’t tell you they change your linen and towels every 3 days (coincidently the length of our stay). The problem is that there are no hooks or rails to dry the bath towels so it’s difficult to manage it. She has arranged for me to change the towels myself taking clean (dried) ones at the reception. Our room was across the narrow street in a building which looks like abandoned and you need to climb 2 storied of stairs (you receive a bunch of keys to open all the doors ….. it looks extremely unsafe, scary and dangerous). The room doors have no numbers and during our last night at 1:39AM we heard heavy noise apparently from another guest trying to open other rooms (drunk) and he opened (maybe the keys are similar) the room next to us and the lady started to scream opening the window to the street asking for help. Than it was our time and the man tried to open our door and I’ve called the reception asking to call the police and the receptionist said it was a mistake….that’s why I thought it was a drunk guest trying to find his room as there is no signage in any room and they all look the same (only 4 on that building). At that time of the night the experience of waking up with someone screaming for help and than someone trying to open your door it’s really scary and all you think is that a thief is trying to enter your room in that abandoned building as everybody knows there are only tourists staying there. No apologies or explanation were given the day after from an old man at the reception (same who was on duty during the incident) who had difficulties to check us out!! The breakfast is managed by a moody lady who cannot cope with few tables and the load of few guests at the same time. We had to clear our space from other guests left overs in order to have space to eat. Most of the few items of the spread had to be asked from the same lady as they ran out quickly as she is not fast enough to replenish them (I’m talking about waiting for more than 10min for juice, bread, ham …. in a restaurant of maybe 25-30 seats).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened in 1948, Hotel Azzi has historical roots, owning the third oldest license in Florence.Housed in the old building once the home of the Barbera typography it was originally part of a monastery which since the 14th century hosted travelers and pilgrims: its combination of culture and hospitality has made it a favorite place of artists, writers, painters and theatre people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Azzi - Locanda degli Artisti reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Azzi Locanda Degli Artisti
- Azzi Locanda Degli Artisti Hotel