“Good base for Florence trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Eurhotel

Eurhotel
Ranked #385 of 421 Hotels in Florence
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Good base for Florence trip”
Reviewed 18 October 2012

We choose this hotel a bit out of the centre in order not to get there with our car. They have convenient parking and bus in and out of Floremce centre few minutes from the hotel. Great advantage. The staff was excellent. Nice people! The room was OK but small for 4 persons and the bathroom really needs some renovation. They have a restaurant which looks very simple but we decided to have dinner after arriving from long drive and were surprised how great the food was. Real tasty and priced fair. The hotel bar is very nice with plenty of drinks and coffee with good music. We liked the general atmosphere of the Eurhotel. Recommended!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Polish first
Carlsbad, California
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We had an awesome 3 night stay at Eurhotel. The management team was friendly and helpful. The restaurant downstairs was empty, but we tried it anyway and the food was GREAT and priced well! The wine too!

Everyone helped us with directions in and out of the city (Just jump on Bus 35 - Bivio Stop).. it's a direct 12min shot to/from the train station & center city-but the stop is slightly east of the station for those that are coming in on the the trains--it's not BLAM in your face outside the steps of the station..about 300 feet away..but you'll find it, just ask someone!)

The breakfast was plentiful. rolls, crescents, butter, jam, cereals, coffees & juices, meats and cheeses, yogurt!
The beds were comfortable for both of us.
Internet speeds were fast.
They let you grab ice from downstairs.. a huge plus after hot days out sight seeing and you want to cool down your soda quick!

100% satisfied! Thanks everyone at Eurhotel for a great Florence experience!

To see more places we've stayed and ate, visit our around-the-world website at http://chasethesummer.com

- Brad & Lana

Room Tip: No issues... location might be a little far for some who want to spend the extra dime to be inside c...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
California
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights and really enjoyed it. ALL of the staff is beyond friendly and very welcoming and helpful. The rooms are spacious & clean. The breakfast they offer free with the room is great with a lot of choices ( croissants, meat & cheese, yogurt, fruit, rolls, coffee, cereal, etc.) Also, they have a restaurant open for dinner during the week and you can get a full Tuscan dinner with a couple courses AND wine for €15/ person!! We thought this was a great deal, but liked even more once we ate. The food was excellent!

We had a really great stay here, but I am always fair with my reviews and give the good & bad. The only 3 things I can say negative about the hotel are (1) there is AC in the room, but it doesn't get very cool. (2) the location is about a 15-18 minute bus ride to the main center of town & the train station. This didn't bother us at all because it's so easy to hop on and off the buses here (and the stop is right next to the hotel) but if you like to be in the center, this isn't it. Also, it's another cost to consider. We got a 3 day bus pass for €12/ person (they sell it right at the hotel) and it work out great. Lastly (3) The showers are a bit small . I'm just being honest :)
I would gladly look over these 3 minor things and stay here again in a heartbeat. Excellent choice!

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony, if you have the option.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LanaKB
Tel Aviv
Reviewed 23 May 2012

great stuff, very helpfull.
the hotel is nice, the rooms are small but well orgenized the room was clean and everything was good.
they also have a private parking behind the hotel.
breakfast was basic but good.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
firenze
Reviewed 11 May 2010

I visited Florence at the begining of May when I couldn't find any available hotel rooms and I found Eurhotel at a very good price . The stuff was very kind and the room was very clean comparing to other hotels I had seen in Italy. The parking lot was very important to me , so I think it was a plus . Very good breakfast too, even though I woke up rather late . A very pleasant staying in a very beautiful city.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ralukatudor
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 3 May 2010

I arrived 11pm on 29 April for a 2 night stay -the man on the desk had very little English and could hardly be described as either friendly or welcoming ( hotel brochure boasts about their multilingual friendly staff) .Room was really tiny and basic -double bed took up most of the room, and a small toilet /shower -ok, but in need of some grouting:-not a good feel, dark ,and reminded me of my student bedsit days.No tea/coffee making facility.A TV on the wall could be viewed from the bed only in the same way that one stands at the bottom of a cliff looking vertically to the top.This hotel is rated 3* (who are they kidding? Most B&Bs and 2* are superior)

Couldn't get the airconditioning to work properly, opened a window to get some air and awoke covered in mosquito bites. Self-service continental breakfast was fine and the lady running it seemed to take pride in it, and there was a selection of pastries , fruit yogurts, cheeses etc and a coffee machine.On leaving the hotel to do my business in Florence for the day, the lady at reception was helpful , and gave me a city map , and some directionsin English and offered me a booklet of bus tickets and explained how to use them.I handed in my clunky doorstopper type hotel key(all keys hanging on a board at reception)

I arrived back at the hotel at about 11pm that evening, with an impending flight to Dublin , via Frankfurt., at 6.30am tjhe following morning. The same chap as the previous evening was on the phone for several minutes before I was attended to---and lo presto -my key was nowhere to be found(hotel was not busy -most keys were on the board , but mine ,No 212, was missing-lots of shrugging of shoulders , searching in nooks and crannies , a phone call to someone who spoke English , who suggested I might have taken it with me that morning -I had not. Eventually I was escorted to my room by the reception person ----and that is where the fun (well not really at all) began.

I opened the door,in the gloom, and on the bed lay a man on top of my bed , only in his underpants , 'out for the count'. I was shocked. The receptionist proceeded to ernter the room, unceremoniously grabbed my bag all my clothes etc from the wardrobeand dumped them in my arms-I told him I had stuff, including medication etc in the bathroom, which he entered and grabbed (on returning home I have some medication and clothes missing).The room occupant awoke -visibly annoyed - and I scarpered to the stairs as quickly as I could.

I got an unconvincing apology , no explanation, & more shrugging of shoulders ; was put in another room -which was truly awful -next to a main road , like sleeping in the middle of a motor racetrack - more mosquito bites. I asked for a small bottle of wine to bring to my room(he still charged me €8 for it after all that !) and in Italian I asked him to make sure that I got a morning call at 4.30 am and to booka taxi for 5. No morning call came and I had set my phone alarm and I couln't sleep anyway -just as well.I went down to reception -out of the darkness a figure jumped off a sofa- again my favourite man awakened , jumped up---shrugged his shoulders when I asked him about the morning call (no apology)--thank God he managed to summon a taxi--and with a great sense of relief I departed for the airport.

This might be in line for a 'worst hotel' award , but it was truly an unbelievable and jhorrible experience in what is truly one of the most beautiful cities in the world-worst hotel experienceI have ever had and I am 55 and have travelled extensively on business throughout my career.Shows how an incompetent /indifferent member of staff can destroy a hotel's reputation.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
4 Thank welford54

Travellers are raving about these Florence hotels